Do Strava support team reads customer emails?

2»

Comments

• It's power meter data in Strava. Otherwise on the graph in the Analysis screen, it would say "Est Power" instead of "Power".
  • Does your "average" in the other app exclude zero power? Some averages ignore any time when you are putting out zero power, and average the rest of the readings, some average across the whole ride, taking zeroes into account.

Does it have a flag for "non zero average"?
  • naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    Does your "average" in the other app exclude zero power? Some averages ignore any time when you are putting out zero power, and average the rest of the readings, some average across the whole ride, taking zeroes into account.

Ok! So I've read your post and thought: That's it!!! I'm not including zeros and Strava is, so there's the difference!

Only today I went for a ride and checked up my Bolt before start, to turn on include zeros and... Guess what? It was already set up to include them, so the issue remains...
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    naavt wrote:
    Does your "average" in the other app exclude zero power? Some averages ignore any time when you are putting out zero power, and average the rest of the readings, some average across the whole ride, taking zeroes into account.

Ok! So I've read your post and thought: That's it!!! I'm not including zeros and Strava is, so there's the difference!

Only today I went for a ride and checked up my Bolt before start, to turn on include zeros and... Guess what? It was already set up to include them, so the issue remains...

Again Strava is taking your data and spreading it into 7 zones. This results in mismatched data. Easy answer.
  • naavt
    naavt Posts: 226
    naavt wrote:

Again Strava is taking your data and spreading it into 7 zones. This results in mismatched data. Easy answer.

Even if Strava spreads the data differently, Average and Normalized Power for the entire exercise should be same, right?
  • naavt wrote:

Look at the screenshots and try again.