sunday exploring the hypercube of al-‘uzzá

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

pining for the sands, need to book more hols

looking like a cold soggy day, going for a ride as an act of mental discipline, then pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Heading out into the cold and soggy also. Hopefully there will at least be cake.
  • Just had cake, with tea, during a break from chainsaw activities. Today definitely Man 1: Wild 0. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining rather heavily tigger did not want to go out in it, drinking coffee at the moment and wondering what to have for breakfast, it looks like I will be cycling indoors again flaming weather
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    well windy and raining, so coffee, weights sesh then onwards. bit of a lazy day methinks.

might adjust the reaer mech on the 1x.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Decent night last night now means a painful drive home

Could do with actually cycling at some point
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Another rain hating dog in this house - Muttley didn't go far down the road before digging his heels in. More jobs n stuff imminent, not sure where they all come from.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:

What?!

Well sorry guys and dolls, it is a beautiful cloudless day here (if a little chilly) and the wind has dropped.
    If the truth be known, Tigger would probably want to go out if his boss wanted to go out.
    My word, some people own some pretty delicate pooches.

'Cake and tea' after chainsaw activities. Hee hee.

Today, I shall be mowstly avoiding chores.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Dead right Pinno, a one hour walk to buy a newspaper , then moan about nothing in it when I get home
    Old age creeping upon me I’m afraid
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

What?!
    I know, paid for my race licence, so should actually train before entering races
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Wind an rains died down, confusingly its still daylight, not complaining mind, just confusing when your used to darkness by half four.

very little done today declined a pedal been faffing with the bike anyway moving bits from one frame to another, much joys though my front mech now doesn't catch in any gear so that's a nice plus.

Casserole for dinner an some booze, found some inserts that fit my Oakley's so that's been ordered from Malaysia of all places.
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

What?!
    I know, paid for my race licence, so should actually train before entering races

Only if you want to have a chance of winning! You could just crash while toodling in the bunch.

Expensive ride out. 50km into a 100 km loop, coming onto a rise, dropped 3 cogs at back, one at the front, keep the cadence up, when all hell broke loose. Tore my small chainring to pieces. Literally, sheared into 3 bits. Chain was mangled. Lost 3 chainring bolts, unless of course they weren't there, which could have caused the mechanical. I keep my bike locked outside at work, so some joker could have removed or loosened them, but I'm sure I'd have noticed a wonky chainring before now. Maybe something got caught in the chain catcher? Shopping for a small chainring and bolts, everything else seems true enough, and I have chains aplenty.

Had to call the support car at 9.30 a.m. on a Sunday. It was not a happy support car. Luckily I was only a mile from a pub that opened at 10 so didn't die of exposure too much. The landlord was the landlord at the pub up the road until December, which was a coincidence.
  • Stevo_666
    That's bad luck on several fronts Hoppy. Got a spare bike for the commute?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nah. Might buy a single speed tomorrow. Or use the wattbike in the gym downstairs.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nah. Might buy a single speed tomorrow. Or use the wattbike in the gym downstairs.
    Just buy a normal bike and don't change gear. Two bikes for the price of one :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    that sucks H3.

buy a Ritte with Obermayers.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ah sh!t that sucks Hoppy, hope the front wheel repair wasn’t to blame. I always knew getting up early to ride could lead to trouble so avoided it. Pottered about earlier then wobbled up to Wombledon to watch the rugby in the Village Club, not many places that way you can drink at those prices. A few faces I recognised from the past, some recognised me unfortunately. Might have a snooze now...
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ah sh!t that sucks Hoppy, hope the front wheel repair wasn’t to blame. I always knew getting up early to ride could lead to trouble so avoided it. Pottered about earlier then wobbled up to Wombledon to watch the rugby in the Village Club, not many places that way you can drink at those prices. A few faces I recognised from the past, some recognised me unfortunately. Might have a snooze now...
    Front wheel straight as a die V68. Nowt to do with that. Fcuk knows why. No sign all ride, I'd been in and out of the small ring as soon as I hit the Surrey hills.

Now googling the Village club...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Now googling the Village club...
    So the people who go to Village Club - would they be known as the Village People?
  • hopkinb
    Bloody 'ell, obermayers cost a bike, and a good bike at that... But they are just wheels. Are they more round than my current wheels? I bet they won't make me quicker, not seeing as I'm a fat lad. Maybe the freehub will scare people from 250 metres away.

Does not our pineapple, Vietnam and physics expert have ze obermayers on his shiny bike though? Maybe I should develop a yen for pricey bike bits. :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Bad luck hoppo, hopefully its just the ring and bolts that died. Obeymayers are very noisy, I think your right that Professor Pineapple does have them.

Speaking of wheels the better weather needs to get a move on fit up with rubbish weather now, an I want to use my other wheels again.