thursday to the maquis

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, lazy start, see punter, head to airport, fly to different land of sands
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    it's wholly halal as i'm several hours ahead, though at times feels like hundreds of years in the past

just been out on my terrace for a few rays and contemplating the waves, the lawn extends all the way to the beach, most scenic
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning
    Windy here too, and wet.
    WFH this morning before going to get my long suffering knees looked at.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the wind has just decided to get stronger and stronger , dog already walked a very relaxed day for me colonoscopy tomorrow, so very little food and a litre of moviprep to drink
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Also WFH and got very wet out there running with the dog and shoot lights as the wife had put the good batteries with the ones that need charging :(

Parents evening means no pub
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, blowy today wheelie bins at and trampolines will be scattered about later no doubt.

Day of IT Geekery trying to set up some random applications for things and fudging a VPN to work. Much fun apparently!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Well the smoke is blowing sideways in The Big Smoke at the moment.

Currently is dispute with HR, aka RPD (Recruitment Prevention Department) who are currently trying to block us making an offer to a potential minion that matches his current pay in a pretty much identical job because their desk based bench marking exercise 'shows' that the offer is well above the market rate :roll: . Going to send the boys round if they don't back down pretty quickly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Morning, the wind has just decided to get stronger and stronger , dog already walked a very relaxed day for me colonoscopy tomorrow, so very little food and a litre of moviprep to drink

Is it going to be an epic like that Picolax thread?
    TLW1 wrote:

I thought that the two might be mutually conducive.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Going to send the boys round if they don't back down pretty quickly.

Have you considered Pinno's pop up shop thug hire?

Bit blowy this morning but it's sunny and reasonably calm now (before tomorrow's deluge). I expect to see Noah.

Took Mrs P out for her birthday lunch a day early on account of the above.
    She didn't twig the excuse for taking the porker for a spin.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

today i dislocated my knee in the local 7/11 whilst buying some Twiglets.

apart from that, not a lot occurring here. packing bag to head away again tomorrow but thats it really.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Problem solved - gave them my best 'T2' stare and made them realise that they really didn't want to take this to the next level up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    ciao

7/11? Don’t tell Edwyn.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ciao

7/11? Don’t tell Edwyn.
    Edwyns Emporium probably is the 7/11.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ciao

7/11? Don’t tell Edwyn.

sort of - its Edwyn's new off shoot from the Emporium. He wanted to have an empire of Emporii but couldn't find enough buildings palatial enough so has started taking over the world one small stage at a time.

He thinks the 7/11 moniker will take off and hopefully catch on - snappy marketing on his part I think.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Problem solved - gave them my best 'T2' stare and made them realise that they really didn't want to take this to the next level up.

would have been cooler if you would have converted your arm to a scythe like blade and smashed the place up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

would have been cooler if you would have converted your arm to a scythe like blade and smashed the place up.
    I'll save it for when implied threats and looking menacing aren't enough.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ciao

7/11? Don’t tell Edwyn.

sort of - its Edwyn's new off shoot from the Emporium. He wanted to have an empire of Emporii but couldn't find enough buildings palatial enough so has started taking over the world one small stage at a time.

He thinks the 7/11 moniker will take off and hopefully catch on - snappy marketing on his part I think.

Only if he sells DIY bomb kits to Plaid Cymru.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I thought that the two........
    You were right
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ciao

7/11? Don’t tell Edwyn.

he's actually started a new clothing line in readiness for the European elections coming up - "wear plaid for Plaid".

he reckons it will make him a millionaire.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ciao

7/11? Don’t tell Edwyn.

he's actually started a new clothing line in readiness for the European elections coming up - "wear plaid for Plaid".

he reckons it will make him a millionaire.

Well, if Wales gets independence after the rest of the yookay leaves the Ewho? and then Wales joins the Ewho?, i'm moving to Wales.
    After all, it is the land of my fathers.

The w@nkers.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Well, if Wales gets independence after the rest of the yookay leaves the Ewho? and then Wales joins the Ewho?, i'm moving to Wales.
    You'll be lucky - Wales voted to leave...your best chance is to stay in Sweatland (it's also minimum safe distance from most of us) :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You'll be lucky - Wales voted to leave...your best chance is to stay in Sweatland (it's also minimum safe distance from most of us) :)

Things are pretty t1ts up there as it stands. After Brexit, it will be even worse. Then they'll beg for mercy.
    Actually, i've just talked myself out of moving to Welshland.
  • sungod
    wales, don't go there

on the second bubbly, ba lounge has the ambience of meh, makes it a cut above the typical ba lounge, i hate ba, may go for third bubbly

ffs now there's a noisy eater nearby, need a taser, or a glock, maybe i can glass him with the empty
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    wales, don't go there

on the second bubbly, ba lounge has the ambience of meh, makes it a cut above the typical ba lounge, i hate ba, may go for third bubbly

ffs now there's a noisy eater nearby, need a taser, or a glock, maybe i can glass him with the empty

Chuck a (whole) pineapple at him.
  • sungod
    ba don't do pineapple, another serious failing on their part

can't wait to get on plane, drink more, zonk out until heathrow

any good news? not been paying attention, saw may on the news last week, and thought "don't you think she looks tired" (as in dr who reference), though bojo looked even worse, perhaps there's a spooky dorian gray thing going on vs. his better brother
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...though bojo looked even worse, perhaps there's a spooky dorian gray thing going on vs. his better brother

Little surprise. You would look like that if hell was awaiting you. Tusk underlined the fact. He didn't sketch a plan and the full force of the realisation has hit him.
  • sungod
    i'd bring back hanging, drawing and quartering, the brexiters wanted a return to the past, seems only fair to give it to them

bags i get to draw farage
  • sungod
    btw any news of t47? i worry for him and the tabbies
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    btw any news of t47? i worry for him and the tabbies

T47 is busy fixing yet another annexe just simply to support an array of perfectly angled solar panels.
    Here's a sample of the complexity:

Today I finished the wall (well I say finished, it still needs a quick render and some paint) bolted the frame to the top of the wall mounted the solar panel on the adjustable frame, set the legs to winter angle (52.5 degrees, I know you would ask) [I wouldn't] ran the cable inside a (convoluted?) conduit around the wall tops and in through the wall (seriously long drill bit) into the studio. I also have summer legs for 13degree angle and I will change over around spring equinox this will maximise output with minimal effort.

Plugged it into the magic box and voila...power in! I had to try and find things to plug in to reduce the power in the battery to allow the charge in! Tomorrow I will find the biggest wattage items I have and plug them all in at the same time to get the battery down to about 80% just so I can test the output of the panel at different times of day. It will take about 4 hours to charge back up to 100%.lithium likes to be drained by 80% and filled to about 80% in an ideal world.

Do you understand any of that, 'cos I don't?
  • sungod
    sounds like he's in fine fettle

sun angle above horizon varies through the year, you must see that up in the far north, maybe next year he'll upgrade to sun tracking panels

maybe a 4th bubbly to celebrate, just realised this is the thursday thread, but i'm so wasted after umpteen flights to various sandy places with ferocious alcohol prices i can barely say "wibble"

oooo i think it's soon boarding, may totter off for a spruce up

ttfn
  • pinno
    You meant to say 'wobble' or 'wiggle', I understand.