Chain Reaction Cycles Returns - what a joke

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
Trying to get a refund on some pedals I purchased from chain reaction cycles - what a joke. It seems they don't even look at the item for 2 weeks - in my case they still haven't refunded - any emails to the customer service just come back with almost gibberish - the loop goes as follows:-

I am told to wait 2 weeks from receipt
I reply that that timescale has already passed
Then I am told it has been passed to another department
When I ask why – I am told to wait 2 weeks

Have around 30 emails now - having been through the above loop about 4 times.
Given that many mail order companies now refund as soon as the barcode is scanned - the above is a total joke.
Will be avoiding them and wiggle from now on...

Comments

• Im not affiliated with CRC at all but I think youve just been unlucky there, its a big company and we all make mistakes at times as annoying as it may seem to the person affected.

Ive returned a few things to them, some just due changing my mind, some due to faulty goods, never had a problem and theyve been very quick and efficient. I even returned got a refund on a pair of gloves that split after 6 months of use.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    One of the MFs returned some bits a couple of weeks ago that they had ordered but were the wrong bits.

The MFs had had one thing for 6 months, one for 3 months.

CRC acknowledged receipt in 48 hours, all processed fine with no dramas.

This seems to be standard practice for stuff they have returned in the past.

They think you have been unlucky.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Wow, that is bad luck - I wouldn't like to think of the quantity of items or parcels I have returned to them & Wiggle over the last 12 years - triple figures for sure, and I don't recall a single issue with a return in that time.
    Maybe a delay, but nothing of note.

Interestingly, or not, Rapha I have had to chase over live chat a few times, and each time they have checked that the parcel has been returned, via the tracking, and if it has, they just refund there and then.
    Do CRC not have live chat?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    The last time I returned something to CR I had to wait a while from them receiving the package - might have been 2 weeks, maybe a little less, but I did get the refund.
    I suspect just after Christmas it will be the busiest time for returns, and given the size of the company, this probably runs into hundreds if not thousands.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Call them they are incredibly helpful.
  • I've probably done about 30 orders to Wiggle in my life and maybe 4 to Chain Reaction and never returned anything. Saying that I often exploit their free delivery option by just going over that limit so probably not good to their profit margin either. Did get a chain from wiggle missing the chain link but I never had to return it, they either sent me a chain link or credited me, it was many years ago.
  • CRC aren't the only company who are delaying processing returns. Many companies are changing their T&Cs.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    CRC aren't the only company who are delaying processing returns. Many companies are changing their T&Cs.
    This
    Wiggle also now take freaking ages 2 weeks
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    markyone wrote:
    CRC aren't the only company who are delaying processing returns. Many companies are changing their T&Cs.
    This
    Wiggle also now take freaking ages 2 weeks

Wiggle and CRC are now the same company.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Call them?
    Dave
  • kingrollo
    last week the refund was agreed as supposedly processed - still no money in my account - just phoned credit card compamy who have no knowledge of refund.

Merlin cycles from now on for me.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Have to say since they merged with Wiggle i did notice refunds and exchanges taking longer at CRC but Wiggles service remained pretty much the same IME. After BC changed the discount at CRC i stopped using them as Wiggle was just a better option and the same prices, plus haribo.
  • kingrollo
    Finally got it this morning. After numerous emails.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    kingrollo wrote:
    Finally got it this morning. After numerous emails.

Glad you've got it sorted
  • Glad I saw this, I ordered a seat from across the pond and even though they have "365 day" returns. I knew better, but went ahead with it for a deal, but hearing this being difficult is a possibility plus the cost of shipping, I think I'll figure something else out...