sungod Posts: 16,432
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, nip into local gmc tentacle, early bail, maybe sunbed later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Raining this morning 5 degs according to the thermometer in the garden,it looks like Tigger and I are going to get wet , cup of tea first
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rain stopped here in Shropshire, dirty hound now being cuddled by the eldest who missed the dog most whilst away
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Tanking down and windy this morning - even the dog wouldn't go out for a p1ss first thing. So will do the bike thing tomorrow.

Got to make an appearance in some interviews for a minion's minion and do the 'are they a human being' test. Suppose I'd better read the CVs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bus this morning again. Collecting RP parts from the workshop before they notice I seemed in after hours and set up a print without filling in a myriad of forms.
    Sick guy is in hospital again so I will be covering his tutorials again, probably to the end of term.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, back late last night from skiing and now sitting in a freezing cold office as the heating is dead. Not a good day.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Very wet morning random bits of ice as well which were interesting. Meetings and chasing orders today.

Had a confusing email item showed "lots in stock" when I ordered then I got an out of stock email directly after so its now Shrodingers stock, fun morning ahead!

Hayden RIP heating, remember if it drops below 16c you can leave!
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:

It's definately below 16, maybe 12 or so? It's colder than my house anyway...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Barely noticed the weather that put Stevo on the train. The week stretches ahead. Preparing for a tax workshop for 30 colleagues next week.
  • haydenm
    Also, having spent all of January training on real roads in the dark I have finally given in and resurrected my zwift subscription due to forecast of a week of freezing rain. Bloody hate turbo trainers.

To top it off, I was rudely peer pressured to jump off the chalet balcony into a 2m powder drift which turned out not to be powder. It seemed to pop my hip back into place after that day's ski crashing on a black run but 2 of my toes are still numb. When will this torture end...?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    gopping here. horrible.

dropped THE MIGHTY HONDA in for its service.

54000 miles
    12 years old

Needs one wiper blade and an air filter. sorted.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

It's definitely below 16, maybe 12 or so? It's colder than my house anyway...

According to HSE you can leave unless your job involves physical activity then its 13c and if you work outside, well get back to work!

Matt, sounds like my Pissrat, 10 years old goes in for a service when I eventually get it to 75K, think its an oil change and new brake fluid thats it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:

Matt, sounds like my Pissrat, 10 years old goes in for a service when I eventually get it to 75K, think its an oil change and new brake fluid thats it.

nice - sometimes incredibly dull boring cars for doing the incredibly dull boring bits of life are just whats needed.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Scorchio. Must be 30+. Sitting in reception awaiting MRI on the dodgy shoulder. Is it because I'm surrounded by oldies who need the heating ramped up? Maybe I'm an oldie? But it's too hot for me. Does not compute.
  • haydenm
    54,000 in 12 years?! What's the point in owning a car? I've had the Glamarok for 7 months and done 20,000 (2400 of those were driving to the Alps last week though)
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

nice - sometimes incredibly dull boring cars for doing the incredibly dull boring bits of life are just whats needed.

Exactly miss having a silly car, don't miss the constant expense.

Stock issue resolved the system was referring to the old stock location (or some waffle I zoned out after they said they had found it)
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Barely noticed the weather that put Stevo on the train. The week stretches ahead. Preparing for a tax workshop for 30 colleagues next week.
    You sure this wasn't you at the last workshop? :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xuPbZ4Ic
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    gopping here. horrible.

54000 miles
    12 years old

The not so mighty Maz-duh goes in for an early MOT next week before I flog it. Anyone want a runabout? - one careful-ish owner, not sure about the last one though :)
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    gopping here. horrible.

54000 miles
    12 years old

In the spirit of the three Yorkshiremen sketch, that's nothing!

Wife's Focus is 17 years old and still hasn't clocked up 80,000 miles. Sails through it's MOT every year. Only thing that ever went wrong was the coil pack.

(Actually not quite true; I'm forgetting that I've just pre-emptively replaced the front discs, pads and calipers, and the electrics are starting to fail. The radio's packed up, the rear screen no longer heats and the drivers window is dead. So not quite as reliable as I was thinking...)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'm sure we can find a car park somewhere mutually conducive to have a fight to see who's the hardest.

Meanwhile me - I has been doing chores me. (No pink marigold's were involved in the making of this post).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I'm sure we can find a car park somewhere mutually conducive to have a fight to see who's the hardest.

Meanwhile me - I has been doing chores me. (No pink marigold's were involved in the making of this post).

Laters.
    It'll never work - Oxo is too busy getting beaten up by his teenage kid.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    A touch moist and wobblier than usual as it was a tad blowy as well, not a bad ride though and better than driving.
    In a similar vein I need to ditch the old dear's Micra. One family owned, originally my Gran's before the folks took it on. It's a big block with a whole 1300cc's and more valves than it needs. It's an absolute peach. 1993 Micra in faded white, damp inside, the driver's window doesn't open and the heater fan only works at full tilt. Not sure if it's hit 50,000 miles yet.
    I won't fight the lad, he's bigger than me. I can just about hold my own against female child though, she's nearly as big as me.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

As briefly mentioned recently, I'm a runner not a fighter. I also operate over a wide temperature band...and make a point to never take the bl00dy train to work unless I absolutely have to. I really should buy a super cheap set of wheels and buy some studded tyres, just in case the main roads in London ever ice up sufficiently.
  • orraloon
    Jings. I was in that MRI scanner for 90 minutes; face down, head to the side, don't move, shallow breaths. Awkward, only respite was half way through getting to turn my head to the other side. Sternoclavicular joints both sides imaged. Got good images eventually. And so the saga continues...
  • hopkinb
    orraloon wrote:
    Jings. I was in that MRI scanner for 90 minutes; face down, head to the side, don't move, shallow breaths. Awkward, only respite was half way through getting to turn my head to the other side. Sternoclavicular joints both sides imaged. Got good images eventually. And so the saga continues...

Pal of mine has 6 monthly MRI scans to make sure there's no recurrence of malignant melanoma. He absolutely hates it - they give him diazepam to calm him down so he doesn't go nuts and ruin the scan. Means he can't drive to the appointments, but he says it's a small price to pay.
  • hopkinb
    orraloon wrote:
    Jings....

:D

An excellent word, much underused.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Jings....

As is "Crivens!".

And "Help ma Boab!".

I shall start a campaign to increase their usage.
  • step83
    keef66 wrote:
    gopping here. horrible.

54000 miles
    12 years old

In the spirit of the three Yorkshiremen sketch, that's nothing!

Wife's Focus is 17 years old and still hasn't clocked up 80,000 miles. Sails through it's MOT every year. Only thing that ever went wrong was the coil pack.

(Actually not quite true; I'm forgetting that I've just pre-emptively replaced the front discs, pads and calipers, and the electrics are starting to fail. The radio's packed up, the rear screen no longer heats and the drivers window is dead. So not quite as reliable as I was thinking...)

Mothers car, 16 years old, 55K on the clock, it initially failed the MOT, after I cleaned the CV gaitors which were randomly covered in grease but not a leak to be seen, it passed.

Interesting chat out of the blue this afternoon got the distinct impression someone was seeing if I was interested in a new job, playing along while being non committal to see what appears.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    orraloon wrote:

I've only ever had my knee done, so I could breathe normally and listen to an album of my choice album through the noise-cancelling headphones they thoughtfully provided to drown out the racket from the machine.

Your procedure sounds quite unpleasant by comparison; hope they find something they can do something about!

Most of my meniscal cartilage is buggered but there's no more they can trim, so I just have to remember that my left knee is 30 years older than the rest of me and treat it accordingly. Luckily cycling is OK :D
  • orraloon
    I've had my knees done as well, 10 years plus ago. Knackered knee syndrome.

This one was awkward due to the need to keep still and not breathe too hard. By thinking about not breathing too hard it seemed to make it much more difficult mentally not to breathe deep. Had to keep doing some positive relaxation moves to stop thinking about it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Jings....

in the land of san domingo
    lived a girl called oh by jingo
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny