Halford & British Cycling

larkim
larkim Posts: 2,474
edited February 2019 in MTB buying advice
Just FYI, I know that the BC discount is now no longer supposed to apply to discounted bikes (and one of their stores that I visited said that specifically to me). However, I bought from a different store on click and collect and even though I said to them I wasn't expecting a discount on a discounted bike, I got 10% off the whole order.

Just re-affirming the "don't ask, don't get" mantra. £110 off for me on £21.60 membership costs. Happy bunny!
2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Comments

• Result!

Well done - always good to share the success stories.

I think it depends which member of staff you deal with as there are some inconsistencies branch to branch.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • larkim
    Yep, that was exactly my experience - the first store were keen to say that the discount wasn't available, and I was content with that as that is what the offer says. I only went to a different store because of convenience in getting the bikes home, but they were cavalier about it - I guess if the computer itself allows it, why should they argue?

(Plus I bought gift vouchers to use on the sale with 10% off those through a staff scheme, so I ended up with 20% off ((well, 19% technically if you're doing the maths correctly) which is not to be sniffed at!)
  • I bought the Elite Drivo December when it was reduced by 50% online using Click and Collect. When i went in to pay i showed my BC card and they applied 10% off to the already reduced price without question.
    Enough bikes to open a bike shop but always room for one more...
  • larkim
    Just to add, if you are with the AA for roadside etc, they are also giving 10% off at Halfords, so the BC membership might not be necessary!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've got BC and if that doesn't work then I've got an app through work that gives high street discounts too ang gets me 10% in Halfords/Cycle Republic so I tend to use that more these days.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • larkim
    I can double that up - work scheme allows a 10% discount on buying gift cards, and then 10% BC on top of that in the store :-)