sungod Posts: 16,437
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, brekkie, sunbed, why mess with a successful formula
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, -4 here Sungod no snow overnight , indoor cycling again , out for lunch later with friends
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    -4 here too. Forecast said it was going to start warming up again from today.
    Feeling a tiny bit less shyte this morning. No plans for the day which is good.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bloody cold but dry. on duty so going to wear all my clothes at onc like Joey from friends.

then late lunch at parents, curl up in front of fire with Das Hound while bambini snore. Sorted.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Windy and wet here.

It's traditional toots entertainment day and it looks like swimming so i'll go saunering.

The MF's are on latrine patrol.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Bit of driving practice with Stropteen today in the 59bhp monster. On the plus side, the fuel guage on that thing doesnt seem to move, it'll go 2 months between fill ups at this rate. I'm hoping Mrs. 666 decides she's going to use it as a runabout and wants to sell her old tank.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bit of driving practice with Stropteen today in the 59bhp monster. On the plus side, the fuel guage on that thing doesnt seem to move, it'll go 2 months between fill ups at this rate. I'm hoping Mrs. 666 decides she's going to use it as a runabout and wants to sell her old tank.
    Is the fuel gauge broken?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I see: You think that will offset the consumption of the Teutonic Tank?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Is the fuel gauge broken?
    It seems to do a gazillion miles to the gallon. Just as well, given a fully laden milk float would give it a good run for its money.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It should average out at something half decent :)
  • Matthewfalle
    flopped on couch post lunch. bambina being ridiculous in a very amusing way, bambino eating his own bodyweight in Gressini, das Hound snoring.

May make a move home in a bit, fit wheel and chain to 1x, may even look at ordering some pedals or take unused new ones off the TT bike which still - shock!horror! - hasn't made it on to the turbo trainer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

which means you have the moral high ground to pull huuuuuge wheelspins everywhere.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, bloody cold CBA to get up yet. Having lazy lie in after family fireworks with eldest last night, why are older teenagers so bloody annoying at times.

just set fire to all his stuff after smashing it with a hammer before throwing it into next door's garden - that will learn him not to phuck with you again.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Tempted at times but I'd have to do the same with the OH,s as both as bad..

so do it then.

or are you scared of a couple of teenagers? we think you are and its up to you to prove us wrong......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

which means you have the moral high ground to pull huuuuuge wheelspins everywhere.
    After saying I didn't want another track car, I'm very tempted to take it on track.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcZ0E-h7VNg

I get a free day out at the Brooklands track which should be a larf.
  • Matthewfalle
    do it and film it for us. do it. do it. do it. do it. do it now. do it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Picked up the kids. Walked the dog, washed the filth off the dog. Descaled the coffee machine. Folded washing. Lubed my chain. Rock and roll innit.
  • Stevo_666
    Patience Young Jedi, I only pick it up on the 1st of March. And then have to run the bloody thing in - max 4,500rpm and no full bore acceleration for the first 1,000 miles...I'm going to need more self restraint than TLW locked in an off license :)
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    A stroppy 6ft 3rd degree black belt 19yr old and my OH against me I may as well book my funeral. Second thoughts I'll play the peacemaker and hopefully deflect the flack.
    Just survived half an hour out in the car with Stropteen practising her driving. Slightly tense at times but she seems to be getting the hang of it. She's not too keen on advice though :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    A stroppy 6ft 3rd degree black belt 19yr old and my OH against me I may as well book my funeral. Second thoughts I'll play the peacemaker and hopefully deflect the flack.

sounds like you're running scared.

its not the size of the man in the fight etc....

cluck cluck cluck........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    oxoman wrote:
    i recall a brit colonial rozzer with a kukri who threatened me in the course of a disagreement, once he recovered he got all pally and asked what i'd hit him with*, which lowered my opinion of him further

*surprise, and heel of the hand to the jaw, but mostly surprise

mf can probably explain this and other options, though the oh is tricky

the time i got cornered by four scum was less helpful, got a hiding, i should've run in the other direction immediately, c'est la vie
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Post birthday early up, considered ride but chest...nap, lunch, kids, faff, pizza drop off kids

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    i should've run in the other direction immediately, c'est la vie
    I'd always back my sprint over my jab.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    i should've run in the other direction immediately, c'est la vie
    I'd always back my sprint over my jab.

fastest runner this side of Usain Bolt me. Stuff getting punched - that hurts.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Yeah do it. Remember that video of Vtech formerly of this parish with his turboed up orange Lamborghini or whatever it was doing a power fishtail into the Armco? You had to laugh.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Yeah do it. Remember that video of Vtech formerly of this parish with his turboed up orange Lamborghini or whatever it was doing a power fishtail into the Armco? You had to laugh.
    I don't think it was his, like pretty much anything that VTech posted pics of.

I used to enjoy my track days, will be good to have another play around. The other thing at Brooklands is the wet handling circuit where you can learn how to slide it properly. But it wouldn't be in my car - just a similar one, so no worries if anything happens :wink:
    https://www.mercedes-benzworld.co.uk/driving-experiences/
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I used to enjoy my track days, will be good to have another play around. The other thing at Brooklands is the wet handling circuit where you can learn how to slide it properly. But it wouldn't be in my car - just a similar one, so no worries if anything happens :wink:

i reckon you should do it in yours in the local Tesco car park. track days are so square.

do it do it do it do it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

i reckon you should do it in yours in the local Tesco car park. track days are so square.

do it do it do it do it.
    If I'm going to do that I need to get the neon w@nker lights first.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

do it do it do it do it.

i'm sure Pinno has some on one of his "fine classic automobiles" that you can borrow.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

i'm sure Pinno has some on one of his "fine classic automobiles" that you can borrow.
    I hope he a cabrio in his collection as I'll need a skip in the not too distant future.
  • pinno
    You will need an oil change after that 1st 1000 too, i'm pretty sure.