sungod Posts: 16,434
edited February 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, brekkie, sunbed, pool, etc., may go for a wander once it cools a bit
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a covering of snow and a -3 temperature, club run cancelled today might have to have an hour on the trainer, I definitely will not be on a sun bed today
    Have a good weekend
  • sungod
    had a post brekkie stroll to burn off some of the pineapple, cereal, puri, sambar, chilli omelette, toast and juice

definitely no snow out there
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No snow but ferkin cold, trying to get the motivation for a long run, struggling. Bright side 2nd loop got a couple of mates joining.

Then it’s daddy day care whilst the wife spends more on one haircut than I do in a year on mine and then into town.

Later is dinner at some friends, will be messy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Snowing quite heavily up in Teesside, might get snowed in at this rate. Just means that Strifey will have to do a few more jobs herself :)

Will test the conditions later when I take a trip to the tip and my old dears. For now it's bacon sarnie and tea time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    There's a Bollywood film called Mubarakan and unless SG is referring obliquely to the cast, he's had too much bubbly and been exposed to too much sun.
    Regardless of the reference, the rest is true anyway.

Much sun here but much frosty. No rest for the wicked as garage mate was here early with his chainsaw taking away his cut of the cuts.

Will report back later if anything faintly interesting happens.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Breakfast of champions sungod, but I'm going to say the toast was unnecessary. Is this gmc business or pleasure?

Taking kids to grandma's. She has a new cat, so mini is very excited.

Forced to go to someone's 50th later. I'm not really a social animal, and standing around talking to people I don't really know until late at night isn't my idea of fun, but I've promised to not be grumpy. Maybe I can incur some kind of incapacitating, but non-painful and short lived, injury while ferrying the kids on the tube.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    There's a Bollywood film called Mubarakan and unless SG is referring obliquely to the cast, he's had too much bubbly and been exposed to too much sun.
    Nah, it's Arabic for one of sungod's favourites.
    https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/arabic-word-for-3b763da513ff026570ea189fa333554de13c2968.html
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sooooo ill. chest has given up on me. going to spend the day drinking cough mixture from the bottle.

on duty tomorrow where it will be soooooooooooooooo cold so also intending to eat everything in sight.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the/arabic-word-for-3b763da513ff026570ea189fa333554de13c2968.html
    surprised pinno didn't get it, with all that ice i guess he must be slipping
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    surprised pinno didn't get it, with all that ice i guess he must be slipping

My brain requires defrosting.

However, my opinion still stands - pi$$ off will ya, with all your talk of sunshine and bubbly.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Took the old dear to pick up her new wheels this morning, she is happy so I’m happy.
    Man flu not too bad but hibernation seems like a good plan.
  • Stevo_666
    Ironically after turning back from a trip to the tip up North as the road was impassable and then getting ready for an epic battle across the snowy wastelands back South, I got 10 miles out of Redka and there was not a trace of snow anywhere for the next 250 miles :roll:

Now back home early and Stressbag is trying to take advantage to give me extra jobs. I just need to make it to MOTD...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    You missed the important matches, England won.
    Got given a bike earlier, an old tourer. Never heard of them but 531c tubing with some good quality bits on it. The Ever Ready light is not one of them.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You missed the important matches, England won.
    Got given a bike earlier, an old tourer. Never heard of them but 531c tubing with some good quality bits on it. The Ever Ready light is not one of them.
    Ah, we won the odd-shaped ball game. Good, there a couple of rugby playing Irish lads in the office that we can torment on Monday :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening

Busy day spent clearing up other people's mess, flushing the mud/sludge from the tap water (burst main last night somewhere) then moping around with manflu.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Vintage light worthy of a museum? (Or ebay)
  • veronese68
    Vintage light worthy of a museum? (Or ebay)
    Worthy of the bin, plastic D cell Ever Ready front light. Although some fool might pay money for it on the Bay of Shite.
    Campag hubs, Simplex gears, Stronglight cranks, Brooks saddle, nice pedals and brake levers I can't remember the name of. Bike is an Eclipse Routier and says hand made in London.
  • pinno
    Weren't they absolutely shyte?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-0l83XYYq1j8A5g56iXpWN_UOfk9NqpxvqLce_pZrqrIriEPpBg
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Weren't they absolutely shyte?
    Worse than shyte
    image_2014-04-12.jpg
  • sungod
    list them as 'retro chic', you may get some hipsters bidding for them
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    list them as 'retro chic', you may get some hipsters bidding for them
    I reckon he could get a couple of quid for them. They look in reasonable condition. Retro, collectible, vintage etc.