Speed control brakes on Giant Propel

bobinski
bobinski Posts: 570
edited February 2019 in Road buying advice
Afternoon,
I ordered a Propel disc SL form a well known bike chain at a great price only to find they had sold it. So they are now offering me this years non disc version at a significant reduction. I currently have a TCR disc and haven’t used rim brakes for a few years. The deal on ofer is so good I am tempted but interested to know Propel users experience of Giants brakes especially on carbon wheels. Are they comparable to top end rim brakes such as dura ace? This is a bike that will be ridden in the dry not the wet.
Cheers.

Comments

• The brakes on the Giant won't be as strong or as controllable as say Ultegra or DA, but they will be perfectly usable especially in the dry. I wouldn't worry about it if you're getting a good deal on the bike
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    They are actually very good with them being V brakes.
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    Thanks guys. Turns out they have the disc version in a small. At 173cm and 30 inch inseam I normally ride a medium but may just fit the small.
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    I have this bike and run it with carbon rims on stock pads, it’s fine and I was surprised how good it was in the wet.

I now have a Cannondale S6 Evo disc as my everyday bike so only use the propel in dry weather.