edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, many webexes, much coffee, try for early bail

nippiness is continuing, do not like forecasts of ice and snow
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, very cold and slippery outside, dog walked about to have a bowl of porridge and a cuppa.
    Be careful outside
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Had to bin the ride into work as it looked pretty icy out there. Now sitting on the train feeling like I need some exercise...will have to make do with mental gymnastics at work instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with the dog, long route as WFH

Could do with running later
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

'Tis utterly gopping here. utterly.

trying to avoid going into work so drinking coffee in the car whilst R4 bleet on about Brexit again.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Cool but not that cold here, bit of snow but nothing serious. Neighborhood gritting duty last night paid off and our road was ice free. Office is very, very quiet. Several people have said they can't get in, including 1 who got 90% of the way here then turned around and drove all the way back home :roll:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Could do with running later
    Nah don't bother. I tired that and went flying. My knees have been doing turns over the last 3 months.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Brisk -2 declined cycling same reason as Steveo seems the little flurry of snow froze so lots of ice.

Strong coffee and browsing crap on the internet is the order of the day.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I rode in, because I'm fcuking nails. Not because my route is 99% heavily gritted bus route, but because I'm basically granite in slightly fat cyclist form. I laughed in the face of the slight skin of ice on the puddles at the side of the road, and the frost on the windows of the cars, and the occasional bit of slush.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Me chipping wood with my cheeky chipper machine wotsit and... using my chainsaw to get the bloody stuff to fit in the cheeky chipper, So that means that this cheeky chappie will be feeding his cheeky chipper whilst using his cheeky chopper.

It's sunny, crisp and dry.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I rode in, because I'm fcuking nails. Not because my route is 99% heavily gritted bus route, but because I'm basically granite in slightly fat cyclist form. I laughed in the face of the slight skin of ice on the puddles at the side of the road, and the frost on the windows of the cars, and the occasional bit of slush.

now this i like. we need more H3s, less Richards in this world

#nails
    #Gucci
    #allysaveslives

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I drove in because I had to give the Mrs a lift in, would have ridden but probably on the old MTB as the park does get rather crunchy under the wheels. Have to ride over to the old dear's tonight and pick up her car to deliver it into the dealers tomorrow morning.
    Later is of course pub seeing as I do believe it is Wednesday.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    i rode in, bit of slush from the overnight rain, not icy though, quite nippy though

sun is low in the sky from gmc towers, about time to bail i think
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Panic has descended in the office as a sudden snow shower descends.

Meanwhile i'm debating what to drink tonight. Priorities etc
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Step83 wrote:
    Panic has descended in the office as a sudden snow shower descends.

Meanwhile i'm debating what to drink tonight. Priorities etc
    You have the right priorities
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    :)

Have an honorary Geordie award Hoppy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    just getting ready to go and b4tch slap an imbecile who has wasted too much of my time and caused family members too much stress.

much prefer to be watching Pokemon with the boy whilst sitting in front of the fire but needs must.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Well, I wouldn't stand in the way of him if he was hurtling towards me on his bike at well hard speed.
    'Cos there's no way his brakes can slow that weight down in time. Ha ha.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Well, I wouldn't stand in the way of him if he was hurtling towards me on his bike at well hard speed.
    :D

Hoppy in his new cycling gear:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYViV8p-Ow
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What's this? A tacit admission of inferiority to a Geordie from a Smoggy?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I like the leather outfit and the long hair.
  • hopkinb
    My brakes will stop even my massive bulk on a sixpence. You cheeky tw@ts. Though they do wear out fast.

Freezing fog tomorrow. I shall laugh at that too.
  • Matthewfalle
    is H3 turning wll Putin-esque on us?

next thing we know we will be able to buy a H3 calendar with pictures of him riding his bicycle in random clothing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I'll ride the thing in a jockstrap and court shoes. Though probably not til after whitsun. And for money.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I like the leather outfit and the long hair.
    Different video clip? :)
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    my route was also not bad and totally not a bus route which is heavily gritted either :) the cycle paths though OMG :shock:

still whilst I was wimping out and walking the bike on the shared path like bambi, a guy road past me completely unfazed by the ice rink conditions or the temperature as he was wearing shorts.

positives though, plenty of room in the bike sheds
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    He may have been wearing shorts wavey but I doubt there was much of his manhood left. I once asked a chap riding in shorts in sub zero temperatures if he was cold, he answered in an alto soprano and I rode off laughing.