tuesday my god, it's full of bubbly

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

if only bowman had realised sooner

office, webexing, whack in another expense claim, coffee, croissant, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with the hound to ease the legs after last nights run with the running club

Today is a two centre meeting day, so blessed
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, even colder this morning no white stuff as yet, dog walked porridge ready to eat at least that will warm me up, have a good day
  • Bacon fried egg fried bread, beans for breakfast. Clones packed off to schools, quick espresso now on the bus. Didn't fancy the ride home this evening.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Long day of boring meetings interspersed with moving furniture around, can't think of anything I'd rather do. Much coffee will be needed to get me through this, at least we're getting a free lunch.
    Bit chilly and still on the old MTB, it's not a bad old nail but I need to do something to the headset I think. Can't feel any play but I'm getting a knocking over some bumps. Worse if I only have one hand on the bars. I'm sure that can wait for warmer weather.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, just about to set off for work, sound very icey going by the scrapers I can hear. Mtb and suitable atire incase this snow actually appears.

Dogs been walked likely another later if it snows. Shunted some wood in from the store and had cheese muffins of all things for breakfast with an egg. Nice strong coffee to go with it. Off out into the grey so bye for now
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Nice this morning, forecasting armageddon this afternoon which made it too difficult to pick a bike so I've been annoying the doggers in the park.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Hello All

The MFs trust that everyone has been tickety boo while we have been away.

Today I have taken off work to fight against the Italian passport application system and to wage war on an imbecile concerning a flat. I may also fit a new cassette to the 1x in salivating anticipation of the new chain turning up.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hello All

Today I have taken off work to fight against the Italian passport application system and to wage war on an imbecile concerning a flat. I may also fit a new cassette to the 1x in salivating anticipation of the new chain turning up.
    Who the feck are you/welcome back
  • step83
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hello All

Its a ghost, run!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Felicitations on your safe return MFs.

Looks to be rainy later for London, rather than the snow expected elsewhere.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Hello All

Not even the slightest mention of the return welcome 'pack' is put in his PM box :roll:

Me scoffing croissant me. Then it's play time with a chainsaw and a wood chipper.
    Of course, the weather is perfect for this malarkey [oh bollox].

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Hello All

Not even the slightest mention of the return welcome 'pack' is put in his PM box :roll:
    quote]

Ahhhh - have just seen them - many thanks. Has brightened up a cold dull morning fighting the forces of paperwork and admin - grazie!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hello All

Its a ghost, run!

Where? Better not be one of those mental ones that throw axes and stuff at people. Or the spooky ones that sit on the end of your bed and creep you out at night.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Thank you to all though for kind welcoming back messages. I almost feel like someone cares. Almost.

Anything happened while I have been away? I've had a browse through but seems to be the normal shenanigans - in the absence of the kicking off thread its difficult to see what's happening where.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    The kicking off thread was a good way to keep in touch with shenanigans, somewhat missing it now. Maybe just host a google docs page with them listed?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    hmm, only yesterday i asked where you were
    viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13102093#p20474409
    today you appear, clear evidence of spooky
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    hmm, only yesterday i asked where you were
    viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13102093#p20474409
    today you appear, clear evidence of spooky

Ciao!

I was in Veronese's garage. Although I didn't see your message I could feel the plea. Bit like telepathy. But only not as useful as it involves me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon Peeps and welcome back to at least one of the MFs,

Busy mornings as The KOFFA seems to be wetting its pants more than usual over Brexit and need some reassuring words that avoids twenty follow up questions. If that fails, I might have to steer the conversation to words with lots of R's and L's in them so at least we can have a chuckle. Ditto they may need some guidance on taking anglicised first names so that us Westerners can remember/pronounce them - I think the expats who decided that 'Hank' and 'Kit' were good choices was quite inspiring, although I now can't help but think about The Blues Brothers and Knight Rider whenever I meet them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ditto they may need some guidance on taking anglicised first names so that us Westerners can remember/pronounce them - I think the expats who decided that 'Hank' and 'Kit' were good choices was quite inspiring

We've only got a couple like that who I know of/deal with; a "James" and a "Paul", oh, and there's a "Ron" as well.

First name terms with a couple of other guys, but most are just "surname-san", especially the older ones.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ditto they may need some guidance on taking anglicised first names so that us Westerners can remember/pronounce them - I think the expats who decided that 'Hank' and 'Kit' were good choices was quite inspiring

We've only got a couple like that who I know of/deal with; a "James" and a "Paul", oh, and there's a "Ron" as well.

First name terms with a couple of other guys, but most are just "surname-san", especially the older ones.
    Depending on how mischievous I'm feeling, suggestions like Tarquin and Guinevere might come up when the next batch arrive.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Roger, Roderick, Richard, Laramie, Llewellyn.
  • Stevo_666
    Slartibartfast?
  • step83
    Rupert, Ralph and Rodney are good ones
  • Matthewfalle
    Anything Irish.

Completely illegible & unpronounceable.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Anything Irish.

Completely illegible & unpronounceable.

Eg Taidgh, Aoife, Caoimhe, Saoirse.

Japanese is easier.

Though it's fine once the Irish person says how the name should be pronounced, it's figuring it out from the spelling that it impossible.
  • step83
    Reminds me you saying about Irish, wasn't paying much attention to what was occurring but suddenly a rather loud phone started going off, playing typical Irish music, answered by a very Irish sounds person, looked up as I didn't recognise the voice.
    I had to try not to stare as he was most defiantly of Indian decent speaking in a very thick Irish accent really messed with my head.

Anyway, home cold an wet some sleet rubbish falling from the sky at present see what we have later OH muttered about Loche Fyne so I'm guessing she means haddock an chips twice?
  • Stevo_666
    Get in - got a call from Redcar & Cleveland council healthcare team to say they've completed their assessment and they're picking up the tab for my old dears care and care home fees due to her medical needs.

I think a small celebration is in order...
  • hopkinb
    Hmm. 300 coffee pods arrived today due to a mixture of lack of communication and idiocy. Hopefully they will become currency post brexit. Or something like that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Get in - got a call from Redcar & Cleveland council healthcare team to say they've completed their assessment and they're picking up the tab for my old dears care and care home fees due to her medical needs.

I think a small celebration is in order...

get in! have a beer from me and be sure to order some new Obermeyers in the morning.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hmm. 300 coffee pods arrived today due to a mixture of lack of communication and idiocy. Hopefully they will become currency post brexit. Or something like that.

dare you to drink them all in one day just to see what happens.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.