'ning

gmc coffee etc. may add spicy soup and crusty bread

is mf off in the sands?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing out side dog walked, breakfast next
  • DHL clones out the door, tea, Weetabix and espresso had. Steeling myself to face the cold upon my trusty steed. Masters students allday then preping to cover someone else's work tomorrow after they conveniently got themselves hospitalised for a month.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Mostly dry here, which was good because I rode the fast bike to the office. 1 patch of black ice which wasn't so good but held it together like a boss.

Looks like I've got a day of banging my head against a brick wall. Think I'll do some more job hunting.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lots to do at work, which makes the days go by fast I suppose.

Not that cold here, billions of cyclists on the way in. They aren't affected by cold, but rain seems to dissolve them.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no coffee, soup, weetabix or crusty bread here, just cold.

Light coating of ice this morning took the dog skating WFH today as I need to chop some wood (forgot an couldn't be bothered yesterday) so couple hours axe wielding, may put some faces on the wood I split for some satisfaction.
    Snow warning has been issues so another reason to chop logs now.

Toodles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long commute for a meeting that is now cancelled, perfect after a shoot sleep as the youngest is missing his snowboarding brother and slept in the middle of the ferkin bed
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    "...Sean Flynn was pronounced legally dead in 1984..."

Can you be illegally dead?!

Much coldness here and much sunshine. Not that it is radiating much heat.
    Consumed thus far: Coffee, dark chocolate, Satsuma, roasted Cashews, a banana and a pro biotics drink.
    Grazing at it's best.
    Must get on. Must do things.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Well, I have a nice stack of lumber, probably could have done with a bit more time to season but it'll do, its a brisk 273 kelvin outside probably closer to 270 with the wind chill.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Hot. Windy. Smoky. Public holiday here, shame it wasn't a nicer day.

More DIY stuff, which went surprisingly well. Now waiting for the painkillers to kick in before I go to bed.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Pah, Northern BBQ weather for the ride in this morning :) Just now I saw lots of southern softies headed out to grab some lunch with their coats on FFS.

Now consuming calories while getting around the barriers to business that the KOFFA seems to erect (fnarr fnarr) without realising it. On the plus side, it's a 4 day week for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Bit fresh out there and wobbled in on the pub hack to transport lemon drizzle cake and check the back wheel. Really need to replace the brake pads on that. Should rebuild the back wheel properly as well as I'm chasing broken spokes. Might replace the rims whilst I'm at it. H³ did you ride in on the plastic wheel? My Mrs didn't seem to see the need for me to have plastic wheels, surprised she took so long to cotton on to my subtle hints yesterday. She agreed H³s wheel was very light then suddenly realised where the conversation was headed. :lol:
    Busy in the orifice and I'm about to go into a meeting, deep joy. Just had my spicy soup so hopefully my breath will be potent enough to keep the meeting brief. Better go and make a brew before we go in.
    1 patch of black ice which wasn't so good but held it together like a boss.
    Do you mean you somehow stayed on by sheer dumb luck?
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    H³ did you ride in on the plastic wheel? My Mrs didn't seem to see the need for me to have plastic wheels, surprised she took so long to cotton on to my subtle hints yesterday. She agreed H³s wheel was very light then suddenly realised where the conversation was headed. :lol:

Nah, the thought of applying rim tape to the plastic wheel, then taking the tube and tyre off the alloy wheel and putting in on to the plastic wheel made me come over all peculiar, so I made a huge tray of roast potatoes instead and enjoyed them with some bavette steak and a big pile of kale (don't judge me - I love dark leafy greens).
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    1 patch of black ice which wasn't so good but held it together like a boss.
    Do you mean you somehow stayed on by sheer dumb luck?
    Yeah that's pretty much it :mrgreen:
  • step83
    Debate I'm having with myself. A steel frame with Reynolds Strikes, would it look daft?

Also debating dinner which so far looks like beans on toast, was going to get takeaway but not feeling it.
  • thistle_
    Beans on toast is a decent meal, just get some nice bread for the toast.

Went for a spin on the local TT course on the way home as the season starts again here in a couple of weeks. Apart from me being fat and slow, the wet and potholes in tbe dark at rush hour made it umm exciting.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    Debate I'm having with myself. A steel frame with Reynolds Strikes, would it look daft?

Also debating dinner which so far looks like beans on toast, was going to get takeaway but not feeling it.
    I want to get me a custom steel road bike with etap and deep carbon wheels. For one reason or another, I have the spare cash, I just can't persuade myself to part with it. If i hated my current bike, or had some room to store it, it would be easier.
  • hopkinb
    Add a big handful of grated mature cheddar to the beans, a good dash of Worcester sauce, and a decent squirt of extra hot sriracha sauce. Then cook out most of the liquid and serve on hot buttered toast, made from Mrs H3's home made granary bread.
    Then you're talking beans on toast.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    I want to get me a custom steel road bike with etap and deep carbon wheels. For one reason or another, I have the spare cash, I just can't persuade myself to part with it. If i hated my current bike, or had some room to store it, it would be easier.

According to my magical bike fit numbers I can easily get away with an off the peg, I'm "generic" apparently. I get what you mean, I'm justifying it for me as the stupidly tight tolerances on the frame have actually caused damage mainly on the inside bridge of the seat stay/down tube where its eaten things and taken lumps out the carbon.

I have eTap and deep carbon wheels, so I'm kind of half way there?

Got a half loaf of toastie bread on the way home or doorstep bread. went down well with some Worchester an cheese, also nabbed a nice bottle of ale from a local brewer. went down well!
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:

Columbus is far superior tubing :wink:
  • step83
    Its Columbus Thron :wink: depending on money I may go up a model to Columbus Spirit HSS, Cant afford 953 in a Cinelli, though I did spot a 953 tubed PlanetX jobbie which is lovely but no fork (not a biggie nice set of columbus) but it has some gear adjuster lugs which will look a little odd being un used.
  • pinno
    Planet x - soulless sh1t. Don't bother.
    I would say that the 953 is a little more forgiving than the Columbus equivalent but the Columbus is probably more responsive. Marginal, insignificant difference,
    What's wrong with CF?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Having had a laugh with H³ about the low bridge near his house yesterday and tools getting vans stuck in it I find a video on my faecesbook feed of a tool with a luton stuck in that very bridge, it was posted within three hours of our conversation. :lol:
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Having had a laugh with H³ about the low bridge near his house yesterday and tools getting vans stuck in it I find a video on my faecesbook feed of a tool with a luton stuck in that very bridge, it was posted within three hours of our conversation. :lol:

Link please.
    There is a bridge like that in Tunbridge Wells. Get's a lot of abuse because the sign for the height is way too late.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    I would say that the 953 is a little more forgiving than the Columbus equivalent but the Columbus is probably more responsive. Marginal, insignificant difference,
    What's wrong with CF?!

Very true, both are more forgiving than CF though, an moving away from CF as I fancy a change, was initially looking at a new CF frame lbs is very into Italian bits so cippolini, deda, cinelli etc.
    Initially I was looking at a cinelli ventrix which is carbon and a very lustorus orange but I had saw the vigorelli an nemo and was sold. They have a demo day coming up in a couple of months so I shall try abusing the lot.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:

Really?! That's excellent. It is funny when it happens - always the sheepish driver stood there on the phone to his employer, always the fire brigade shaking their heads at the sheer idiocy, always my stepson laughing like a drain and taking pictures.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    What's wrong with CF?!

As any fule kno, CF melts in the rain, whilst steel is most definitely real.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    What's wrong with CF?!

Very true, both are more forgiving than CF though, an moving away from CF as I fancy a change, was initially looking at a new CF frame lbs is very into Italian bits so cippolini, deda, cinelli etc.
    Initially I was looking at a cinelli ventrix which is carbon and a very lustorus orange but I had saw the vigorelli an nemo and was sold. They have a demo day coming up in a couple of months so I shall try abusing the lot.

You don't fancy a De Rosa?
  • step83
    To be fair I hadnt look at them ,The Corum and Agé look nice with the option to tweak the geometry. Having a nose at other brands as well so Condor, Shand, couple of frame builders.
    I'm not saying I wont go CF I'm going to be abusing all the demo days an keeping my options open.
  • pinno
    Ah, so you want a custom frame?
  • step83
    Theres the possibility if within my budget had a nose at a few Rourke etc. Stumbled over a couple others last night.
    I'm basically marking down the ones I like at the moment looking to narrow choices down later in the year. If an off the peg frame fits me bonus, if I have to get custom then so be it, planning on getting a decent frame to last me as the PX is a little poorly to say the least.