sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

suspect it is a bit soggy, ride, coffee, cake, more pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet ,cold and windy this morning what a difference a day makes pleased I got out on the bike yesterday, indoor cycling today by the look of it, but on the brighter side out for lunch
    Have a good day
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Morning all. If anyone invents wellies for dogs I shall shower them with gifts. Hardy breed, pah......
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Big Harv wrote:
    Morning all. If anyone invents wellies for dogs I shall shower them with gifts. Hardy breed, pah......

https://www.k9active.co.uk/all-road-dog ... 00ALB-0001

Maybe also consider https://www.soul-destiny.co.uk/TRS8BLK.html
  • thistle_
    Morning
    But wild outside, although now looks like the rain is going to miss me. Going to hide indoors for a while longer.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Big Harv wrote:

Good grief.. It turned out to be a question of mental fortitude in the end. That and a muddy puddle he could drink from. That's my boy.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Watched Vice yesterday. I'd recommend. not quite as good as the big short, but worth a watch.

Seeing V68 later to sort my plastic wheel out, which should be fun!

Otherwise, just another winter Sunday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Big Harv wrote:

It's a bloody dog, not a Parisienne. :roll:

Very, very windy and cold here. The wind making it 10x worse than it actually is. Sky is relatively clear but any faint warmth will be mitigated by the chill factor.
    Trying to plan stuff for toots and squeeze a saunering in. If I have anything to do with it, it will also involve pancakes as Pineapple doesn't provide any carbs to keep warm.

Did you sort the dodgy gear change Hoppy? Why not Skype the next issue with me. I could wear a disguise*.

*Stop it you lot.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, better get up soon if Hopper is coming over.
    Why does the thought of Piña Skyping conjure up images akin to those of when the actor that played Dirty Den turned out to be quite dirty himself with the use of a webcam?
    Wheel fixing today followed by helping a mate with his car.
    Old dear coming round for cake later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Big Harv wrote:

What gifts have you chosen Thistle?

Slowish start to the day after last night's 50th bash for a mate which involved a free bar. Stropteen will be practising in her new wheel and Mrs. 666 will be co-piloting. Which means I may get a bit of peace.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Never mind dog boots, need to jet wash the dog after 10 miles of muddy fields and woods

Off into town in a bit for some shopping and then local later
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Why does the thought of Piña Skyping conjure up images akin to those of when the actor that played Dirty Den turned out to be quite dirty himself with the use of a webcam?
    You think Pinno is that good looking?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was more the seediness of it than that precise look, I believe less hair would be involved.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Very windy out today and wet roads. Serious debate with a friend on winter cycling shoes is veering me toward them currently stupid idea no doubt an I should just stick to tinfoil.

We have dog boots for ours mainly because she keeps getting thorns in her paws, she likes bounding into thick bushes to go stick hunting. Nice perk they dont skate around in the frost so much which living on a steep hill helps no end!

Coffee and decide what to do with the rest of the day, used No2 bike so no washing needed huzzah!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Was at a bit of a loss what to do with the day after waking up with a sore back and neck, from yesterday's DIY efforts.

Then a friend rang and suggested lunch at a nearby winery.

Sorted.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was more the seediness of it than that precise look, I believe less hair would be involved.
    True that, apart from on his ears and the palms of his hands.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    soggy roads strewn with pieces of tree, wind approaching lanzarotean magnitude, bad drivers' club having another outing

artisanal jammie dodger with first coffee, must remember to not do that again

they used to dip geese's feet in tar for their long walk to execution, for dogs try a low shore skin-safe silicone rubber

pineapple time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    I can thoroughly recommend V68's pop-up spoke replacement and wheel-trueing shop, with additional coffee and chat. Spent my bus journey home picking rim tape glue off the rims. Thanks V. I owe you at least a gallon of beer by now.

Pinno, I fixed the dodgy shift by removing the barrowload of road shyte in the bb guide. Also slackened off the cable fully as someone suggested, then wiped, wiggled to and fro, and sprayed a shitload of gt85. Re-tensioned, re-indexed, all fine.

Next thing to go will be the headset I reckon. Can you fix that via Skype? Though the rear derailleur is well scratched up... Bl00dy bikes, never ending maintenance.
  • thistle_
    Went out, got hailed on, came home.

Spent the morning replacing spokes and fixing tubeless stuff this morning which was messy. Trying a narrow layer of fibreglass tape under the proper* rim tape in case it happens again.
    Whoever built my wheel seems to have thought spoke nipples with a hole punch shaped thing on the top was a good idea.

*glorified gaffer tape
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I can thoroughly recommend V68's pop-up spoke replacement and wheel-trueing shop, with additional coffee and chat. Spent my bus journey home picking rim tape glue off the rims. Thanks V. I owe you at least a gallon of beer by now.
    That's 2 people you owe beer to now Hoppy. No wonder you're telling everyone that you're on on a self imposed dry 3 months :wink:
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    That's 2 people you owe beer to now Hoppy. No wonder you're telling everyone that you're on on a self imposed dry 3 months :wink:

Being sober for a bit doesn't stop me getting them in. We could have a post-work catch up in town, compare notes now I've gone Japanese.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Being sober for a bit doesn't stop me getting them in. We could have a post-work catch up in town, compare notes now I've gone Japanese.
    Only ribbing, but somehow meeting up for a Lemonade seems wrong, especially as TLW will be reading this :) If you don't mind supping fizzy pop while I slurp cider/vino/whatever then that would be a good idea. How's the diary looking over the next few weeks?
  • Thoughtfully put the frost cover on windscreen for Mrs DHL, breeze caught the door slamming my thumb. Currently dying on the sofa.
  • thistle_
    Thoughtfully put the frost cover on windscreen for Mrs DHL, breeze caught the door slamming my thumb. Currently dying on the sofa.
    At least it's still attached and not cleanly sliced off.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Very windy out today and wet roads. Serious debate with a friend on winter cycling shoes is veering me toward them currently stupid idea no doubt an I should just stick to tinfoil.

Neoprene overshoes.

What's wrong with the headset Hoppy?
    [Apart from riding in all weathers and you've probably rusted it up]
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Aye, that. Did it on my last bike. Not there yet, but we're a bit notchy.
  • pinno
    Replace it then.
    When the time comes, I can talk you through it step by step.
    Alternatively, you can move the notchy part of the bearing/race around. I presume it's notchy at the point the handlebars are straight?
    It can prolong it's life.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Neoprene overshoes.

Yeah I think the problem was I went with the "light" option so they arnt overly thick, I had a pair of BBB ones but the bottoms ruined so may just get another pair of them.