CAAD10 considering purchase

Jimny14
Jimny14 Posts: 54
edited January 2019 in Road buying advice
I have the opportunity to buy a CAAD10 think it's a 2013 model, looks in OK nick and original spec, what do people think is a fair price to offer for one?

Comments

• Came in a variety of different specs - pics would help.
  • Fufty Dollah
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Jimny14
    Ah sorry, didn't realise, can't get pics atm, it's green backend, white front with blue accents, 105 derailleur and brakes FSA gossomer chain rings. Any further info needed I'll try and find out ta.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    150-200
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I’ve got a CAAD 10 in the Liquigas colours purchased in 2012 with similar spec. I think I paid around the £1000 mark in a sale. I love it although don’t use it that often . I love the speed when I do though. I’ve stuck some Kysrium wheels on it rather than the stock Shimano and they made a huge difference so budget something similar in if you want to get the best out of the bike.
    I’ve thought about selling mine but don’t think it’s worth it as I love the look of the bike! A classic frame.
    Re price - hard to say without really knowing the condition. I sold a CAAD 8 last year on behalf of my son for £325 with a similar spec. I thought this was a fair price as was in good condition. I had plenty of interest.
    A couple of further thoughts
    My bike has 23c Continental GP4000S tyres - not sure if I could go to 25c with the clearance? - but 23s are fine. And remember Cannondale frames are always ‘large’ . I ride a 56 Cannondale at 6ft tall, but a 58 Specialized.
    A great bike and I find it comfortable too. BW
  • I’ve got a CAAD 10 in the Liquigas colours purchased in 2012 with similar spec. I think I paid around the £1000 mark in a sale. I love it although don’t use it that often . I love the speed when I do though. I’ve stuck some Kysrium wheels on it rather than the stock Shimano and they made a huge difference so budget something similar in if you want to get the best out of the bike.
    I’ve thought about selling mine but don’t think it’s worth it as I love the look of the bike! A classic frame.
    Re price - hard to say without really knowing the condition. I sold a CAAD 8 last year on behalf of my son for £325 with a similar spec. I thought this was a fair price as was in good condition. I had plenty of interest.
    A couple of further thoughts
    My bike has 23c Continental GP4000S tyres - not sure if I could go to 25c with the clearance? - but 23s are fine. And remember Cannondale frames are always ‘large’ . I ride a 56 Cannondale at 6ft tall, but a 58 Specialized.
    A great bike and I find it comfortable too. BW
    Just checked the geometry of the Caad10 vs the Allez both in 56.
    Allez,reach 395, stack 573
    Caad10, reach 394, stack 56
    The Specialized is actually bigger.
    Cannondale are fairly standard when it comes to size, its always worth checking stack and reach and comparing to your current bike rather than going on listed size.
  • Jimny14
    Thanks guys, lots of things to think about.
  • Jimny14
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cannondale-c ... SwFdpbTcO~

This is the bike in question, if anyone has any comments regarding spec, price and condition I'd be most grateful thanks
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    That's a 62cm frame - so very big.
    I'm 6' and ride a 56cm CAAD10 and CAAD12.
    I love CAAD's but I know not everyone does.
  • Jimny14
    I'm 6'5, would need a test ride but reckon it might be about right
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Jimny14 wrote:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cannondale-caad-10-2012-2013-jumbo-62cm-frame-to-suit-tall-person/192601081978?hash=item2cd7eb487a:g:ZtMAAOSwFdpbTcO~

This is the bike in question, if anyone has any comments regarding spec, price and condition I'd be most grateful thanks
    It’s way over priced at £750, it’s 6 years old and that chain set looks like it’s seen some heavy use.
  • Jimny14
    What would you think is a fair price?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    It looks like it was £1,190 new. So a year old it would worth 2 thirds of that if it was in good Knick. So 6 years old £300/£350 if it has been welll looked after.
    But it will depend on how keen you are.
  • Jimny14
    Hhmmm, that's interesting I offered 350 due to age and likely wear and it was pretty much rejected out of hand. He originally said he wouldn't go under 599, then dropped to not less than 500, especially due to its size and number of riders looking for that size bike I think he might be waiting a while for 500.
  • Jimny14 wrote:
    I'm 6'5, would need a test ride but reckon it might be about right

Hi Jimny

If you are serious, I'd definitely test ride it, I have a Caad10 size 58, i'm 6'2-3 and the reach is pretty long compared to a couple of other XL bikes I've ridden. It does take a little getting used to, the ride is great though.

I absolutely love mine, go for it :lol:

And I read some comments about tyre clearance, I run 25mm gp4000s on 23mm wide rims. And still plenty of clearance and room for mudguards
    Up: Wilier Mortirolo
    Down: Orange Patriot
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    You are unlikely to need a 62. You're probably bang on for a 60.