Wheels with XD driver

shewy
shewy Posts: 62
edited January 2019 in Road buying advice
After a set of wheels with an XD driver so I can fit a 10-42 cassette, QR front and back, not looking to spend to much.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    shewy wrote:
    After a set of wheels with an XD driver so I can fit a 10-42 cassette, QR front and back, not looking to spend to much.

Not sure if you can buy wheels already fitted with XD driver freehubs. Seems that you may have to identify the hub type on any wheelset you are interested in then check if an XD driver freehub conversion is available.

A quick search suggests that freehub conversions are available for DT Swiss and Novatec hubs. There will probably be more but I'll leave you to check yourself.

BTW it appears that Shimano have not yet offered an XD conversion freehub for their hubs as far as I can establish
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    All Hunt disc wheels come with the option to have a XD driver freehub fitted.
  • minnnt
    minnnt Posts: 102
    I have the Hunt X Mason 4 seasons with the XD driver. Decent wheels and cost me around £300.
  • shewy
    shewy Posts: 62
    Cheers guys think I'll get some hunts for summer wheels and run my mavics in the winter
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    almost every one offers XD driver now. For 12 speed road it needs to be XDR and not everyone offers that yet.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.