RP laps

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited January 2019 in Commuting chat
Is Richmond Park fully navigable at the moment? I've only got a hand full of commutes under my belt this year and I noticed a closure sign between Dark hill and Broomfield.

What's the crack?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    What did i miss why havent you been commuting?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    itboffin wrote:
    What did i miss why havent you been commuting?

Flayed the end off my index finger with potato peeler so I wasn't able to wear gloves or use levers. Got over that, but then I've been interviewing.

Have secured a new role so should be riding next week.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Where to now? Saw someone coming off Dark Hill onto the Kingston Gate roundabout this morning so I guess you can get through, not sure if he’d taken the trail for a stretch though.
  • asprilla
    edited January 2019
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Where to now? Saw someone coming off Dark Hill onto the Kingston Gate roundabout this morning so I guess you can get through, not sure if he’d taken the trail for a stretch though.

Depends. Have three options.

1) Victoria for four months followed by two months at Paddington Basin
    2) Six months in Paddington Basin
    3) Six months in Brussels.

All include two days a week from home.

Was thinking about taking the TT bike out at the weekend so the trail won't really be an option.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,531
    There was supposed to be 2 weeks of badger related road resurfacing between roehampton an robin hood gates, it's due to be finished by next week (started on the 14th) but I haven't ridden that way to see how it's going.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,315
    Asprilla wrote:
    Was thinking about taking the TT bike out at the weekend won't be trail won't really be an option.
    Probably not a good idea then, unless they finished today of course. Good luck with the new role, wherever it may be.
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Depends. Have three options.

1) Victoria for four months followed by two months at Paddington Basin
    2) Six months in Paddington Basin
    3) Six months in Brussels.

All include two days a week from home.

Was thinking about taking the TT bike out at the weekend so the trail won't really be an option.

Take option 3 and claim the equivalent of a settled status in Belgium? Might be handy for future employment in the EU
    left the forum March 2023