saturday filling the little train under harrods with rdx

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,528
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

not too cold, hill repeats, coffee and nibbles beckon, followed by pineapple and laziness
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Hola

Off to llandegla in a bit to see if the parable of narrow wide chainrings is true.
    Staying in bed seems like a good option though right now.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry and blustery this morning, shopping done dog walked, club run at 8:30
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Nice walk with the hound spoilt by knowing I’ve got a bit of work to catch up on. Need to get a move on though as going shooting soon.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle what happened to the invites, sneaking off to llandegla on your own. Enjoy, one of my favourite trail centres.
    Forum ride :)
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle what happened to the invites, sneaking off to llandegla on your own. Enjoy, one of my favourite trail centres.
    Forum ride :)
    Not any more.
    Work outing. Although as usual it's just me+1.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Off to Sunny Snodland in deepest darkest Kent to collect junior's car. Disguise at the ready for when I get back to Bromley.

Mates 50th tonight so should be a good one.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Hola

Off to llandegla in a bit to see if the parable of narrow wide chainrings is true.
    Staying in bed seems like a good option though right now.

It has yet to reach Biblical status.

Windy but mild here.
    Tomorrow will be windy but cold apparently.

Hopefully, Mrs P will give them the run around in it and wear them out. They seem to have quite ridiculous amounts of energy today.

@Stevo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed.
    I used to work with a lad from Snodland, I envisaged a marsh land populated with inbred trolls that live in caves or under bridges.
    Need to buy a spoke for the hack and do a bit of pottering, nothing too strenuous mind.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    windycold ride, needed much coffee, a choc, avocado and salmon roll, and a toasted cheese croissant just to keep going

london's infestation of temporary traffic lights is worsening, as are associated accidents and near misses i suspect

just noticed ' in harrods, grrrr, bloody autocomplete, it's these little things that lead to the breakdown of society
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Big breakfast at the café. Dog walked for 2 hours to burn it off. Mini off to a pal for a sleepover. Me and Mrs H3 off to the cinema later, then dinner.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I used to work with a lad from Snodland, I envisaged a marsh land populated with inbred trolls that live in caves or under bridges.
    Good call. Got out of Snodland as fast as I could. Which wasn't very fast given what I was driving. Kept the go pedal nailed on the M20 and got it up to 70 :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good call. Got out of Snodland as fast as I could. Which wasn't very fast given what I was driving. Kept the go pedal nailed on the M20 and got it up to 70 :lol:

You've caned it, it no longer produces 59bhp and she hasn't even got it yet. :roll:

If you were worried about her speeding...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You've caned it, it no longer produces 59bhp and she hasn't even got it yet. :roll:

If you were worried about her speeding...
    It's not exactly new so it has had 30k miles of running in. Anyhow, speeding will always be a bit theoretical in that car if there's a bit of an uphill gradient.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    We could go tomorrow but my wheel is in bits awaiting repair.
    Who knew fitting a new chainring makes your spoke snap and shoot through the rim strip instantly deflating a tubeless tyre :roll:
    At least my chain didn't drop.
  • tlw1
    Romanian whiskey, followed by port, champagne, champagne and port mixed and then rum. This was before 12 - how the hell nobody gets shot on these shoots is beyond me