Cockpit

rieko
rieko Posts: 121
edited January 2019 in Road buying advice
I've had my bike for the best part of 2 years now. Not really done much to it in terms of upgrades. I'm thinking its about time I spent some money on it.

I was looking at a new set of deep rim wheels for that bling factor, but if I'm honest the stock wheels are pretty good, and also I'm probably looking at around 1k + for the wheels I want.

So I am thinking that maybe I get new handlebars and a stem. I've always wanted to go narrower on the bars, so it would be a good opportunity to that. It will also be a lot cheaper than upgrading the wheels.

My question is, whats out there now? Whats the gold standard in terms of weight, style and value for money etc. Should I be looking at getting an integrated Aero cockpit? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers
Giant TCR
Giant TCX

Comments

• What have you got on there now and what's wrong with it?

Integrated cockpits do look great on aero bikes, but seeing as yours is more 'lightweight' perhaps an aero cockpit may look chunky.

Deda Zero 100 has always been the gold standard value for money in my eyes and found it a great combination of stiffness, weight and comfort.

If you are desperate to spend money - new tyres, bar tape, overhaul / replace parts of groupset, new saddle?
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    What have you got on there now and what's wrong with it?

Integrated cockpits do look great on aero bikes, but seeing as yours is more 'lightweight' perhaps an aero cockpit may look chunky.

Deda Zero 100 has always been the gold standard value for money in my eyes and found it a great combination of stiffness, weight and comfort.

If you are desperate to spend money - new tyres, bar tape, overhaul / replace parts of groupset, new saddle?

I think your right about the aero cockpit looking out of place. Nothing massively wrong with what I have now, currently using the Giant Contact stuff that comes with the bike. You're right in that I just want to spend some money, although I would like to go a bit narrower.

I have actually already upgraded my saddle a while back.
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    I second Shirley that Deda 100 is good stuff and is pretty reasonably priced here:

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/brand/de ... 5d70dc854b