thursday stretches out like a stretchy thing

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, more sub-zero littoral perambulation, see if geese look ok, generally loll until time for car to airport for pre-plane lounging
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold here again, at least it’s dry outside so the roads should not to be slippery, dog to walk in a few minutes when he wakes up
    Have a good day

So much for it not being slippery outside, been on my arse twice this morning :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lincolndave :)

Slippery here but that’s mud rather than ice. WFH so a decent walk with the hound and breakfast with the family for once.

Later is yet another run as my steps target has now stretched to over 14k a day - must give up this stupid challenge at some point
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later is yet another run as my steps target has now stretched to over 14k a day - must give up this stupid challenge at some point
    Yeah sack that stuff off.

Not slippery here, just wet. OK ride in but hoping it will be a bit drier later.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yeah sack that stuff off.
    I know - I tried yesterday but got home too late to go out with the fun bike club :(
  • icy surfaces so bus today.
    Shouting at incompetent for not providing my replacement swipe card after 3 months of waiting.
    Shouting at NOW-Broadband for cutting off the phone after they cocked up the card payment....again....
    Marking, only to find no one read the brief...RTFB! I write it on the bloody board every f'ing day!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    my steps target has now stretched to over 14k a day - must give up this stupid challenge at some point

Tie your step counter to the dog's collar, while you sit on a bench and tuck into a pork pie and a tin of Scrumpy Jack...
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    my steps target has now stretched to over 14k a day - must give up this stupid challenge at some point

Tie your step counter to the dog's collar, while you sit on a bench and tuck into a pork pie and a tin of Scrumpy Jack...
    I can’t just cheating myself........ however tempting, yesterday it took over 8.5 miles, which isn’t easy on a work day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Add: a golf club and a golf ball.

Smurry here and mild. It's coming your way.
    Dentist fixed broken toof in less than 10 mins. I'd like some of that stuff - I could fix anything.

Baked rocker/cam cover on top of woodburner last night. Mrs P said that it stank. I've a long way to go before I finally civilise her.

Way before:

df7d1d7d068254ca986e2bbbc59cc9b8.jpg

After after:

c7b5ccc5004a440ba8cd89fb9fd86038.jpg

Much chasing up things then fettling later.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Baked rocker/cam cover on top of woodburner last night. Mrs P said that it stank. I've a long way to go before I finally civilise her.

Way before:

df7d1d7d068254ca986e2bbbc59cc9b8.jpg

After after:

c7b5ccc5004a440ba8cd89fb9fd86038.jpg

Much chasing up things then fettling later.

Laters.
    Not the first time that’s been baked ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You reckon the museum would have baked it as well?

Afternoon loafers,

Decided to postpone a ride in to work till tomorrow as it's damp and a bit grim here. Got to finish off Stropteen's insurance then sort an MOT for the oil burner before I offload it next month. Apart from that, plenty tax and Brexity things to keep me occupied.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

It's from a different engine, so I hope not.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow wobble in on the MTB as it looked frosty and the park gets a bit slippy, wasn't too bad of course.
    Sorted a car out for the old dear, got her the one she wanted for significantly less than they were asking by having a chat with a friend of a friend. They are taking the old man's car off us but I'm stuck with getting rid of the old Micra. It's not very heavy so I won't get much if I weigh it in.
    Busy in the office so I'd better get on.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, also used the MTB due to much ice which was fun Geese were doing what Geese do this morning.

Some rather disruptive person in the office has been more disruptive meaning they are now having to make a new seating plan so I'm sat with my minions watching the mayhem unfold.

Home later an help grit the street more ice forecast tonight, council appeared earlier according to a neighbour an refilled the salt bin at the bottom of the hill so we can avoid a repeat of today.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm stuck with getting rid of the old Micra. It's not very heavy so I won't get much if I weigh it in.
    Lots of old micra’s rallying - just saying
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They are taking the old man's car off us but I'm stuck with getting rid of the old Micra. It's not very heavy so I won't get much if I weigh it in.
    How much is insurance on it for a learner driver?
  • Sonos playbar packed up yesterday so spent lunch time chatting to support and submitting diagnostics. We diagnosed that it died. New one arrives next week though so will be happy in a few days time.

Parents evening tonight followed by getting skiing stuff out and looking at it!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Fun trip to the local coffee/bike shop they had a selection of Cincelli's in. Somewhat drawn to a pair of steel ones, sure sign I'm getting old but they are lovely. was debating a new frame toward the end of the year anyway seeing as theres a big old chuck out the side of the PX.
    They had an XCR in, thing of pure beauty, the price makes me hurt though.
  • tlw1
    Step83 wrote:
    Fun trip to the local coffee/bike shop they had a selection of Cincelli's in. Somewhat drawn to a pair of steel ones, sure sign I'm getting old but they are lovely. was debating a new frame toward the end of the year anyway seeing as theres a big old chuck out the side of the PX.
    Food is overrated
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Interesting vibe in the office. Everyone in recieipt of a new Widows 10 laptop, including the M.D. now has no network printers. Interestingly if you dial in from home via VPN the printers magically appear. Popping home to click Print and then racing back to find the printer's out of paper isn't exactly convenient though

Apparently Microsoft have been aware of the issue since 2016, but if they know of a fix they aren't sharing it with our global I.T. colleagues. Ring any bells with anyone??

In other news I've just ordered our FREE Virgin V6 box. Didn't especially want one but we apparently need one according to the letter. The website wouldn't let me do it online so I spent 37 minutes on the phone to a call centre, probably in Mumbai. I chose Collect Plus and self-install to avoid being charged anything, then when the confirmatory email came it said there's a £25 activation fee! B@stards!

Cue another 20 minutes, this time on web chat with Raul, pointing out that at no time had this been mentioned either in the letter or on the phone, and that I'd certainly not agreed to pay it so could he please take it off the account. Which to be fair he did.

Aaaand relax!
  • step83
    TLW1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Food is overrated

I can flog a kidney cant I?

Keef, the print server your using, does it happen to be running only SMB1? Where I was they were just hitting this issue when I left. From what I understand the new devices wont have SMB1 enabled for security reasons as it opens up some risky ports or some such.
    May be barking up the wrong tree, easy way to tell is just try connecting to it, it wont see it.
  • At least he told you his real name, I had a long discussion with a guy from Asda online shopping called "Dave" who clearly wasn't called Dave and insisted on calling me Mister Rickychard.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Step83 wrote:
    Keef, the print server your using, does it happen to be running only SMB1? Where I was they were just hitting this issue when I left. From what I understand the new devices wont have SMB1 enabled for security reasons as it opens up some risky ports or some such.
    May be barking up the wrong tree, easy way to tell is just try connecting to it, it wont see it.

I shall ask my I.T. chum in the morning. Although I have admin rights I'm not paid to muck about with print servers, that way chaos lies...
  • thistle_
    keef66 wrote:
    I shall ask my I.T. chum in the morning. Although I have admin rights I'm not paid to muck about with print servers, that way chaos lies...
    Would that be worse than what you have now?
    You could set them to print a cover sheet telling them to subscribe to the caption competition thread or similar.
    We had an odd network problem ages ago. Where stuff worked on VPN but not on local network. We could connect to the VPN via the office LAN though, no need to run home.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...I'm stuck with getting rid of the old Micra.

You missed a trick there Stevo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm stuck with getting rid of the old Micra. It's not very heavy so I won't get much if I weigh it in.
    Lots of old micra’s rallying - just saying
    Unfortunately it's an auto, but it's the big block 1.3. It's actually quite nippy as it weighs cokc all.
    I believe SG is a Cinelli fan, shiny bike is an XCR is it not?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...I'm stuck with getting rid of the old Micra.

You missed a trick there Stevo.
    I'm sure Stropteen will be happy with her 59 bhp monster. Most important for her is that it's Miami blue. I have to go get the bloody thing and drive it back on Saturday, might have to wear a disguise.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Yes, you should definitely dress up as a teenage girl.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Yes, you should definitely dress up as a teenage girl.

Whatever floats yer boat, Pinno.
  • pinno
    Yay it's Bally.

When are we scheduling this gonad torching thing?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I've got to get some gloves.
    Wouldn't want to risk burning my fingers would I?