wednesday nail 'em up

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, hyperborean littoral peregrination, see if the geese are ok, geese are cute, another day with gmcp of gmcp of gmc, much coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning,colder much colder the snow / sleet/ rain we had yesterday has frozen it was a bit slippery out this morning , I think today is a stay by the fire sort of day
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

geese are cute

They'll break your arm as soon as look at you. Or is that swans?

More cold riding, more sitting at desk, more attending meetings. Fewer crosswords.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Like an ice rink out there today, even the gritted roads were icy, but it's not that cold?
    Got the train to work this morning because I couldn't be bothered chiseling ice off the car, or another trip on the roads with the muppet show.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

geese are cute

Geese are cute - I know it’s getting to the end of summer when they appear in the local farmers field. Odd, but they all disappear just before Christmas
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Fun drive in playing with the traction control off. Long day expected and then the joys of our crap motorway system
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dampish, slightly chilly ride. I think it's expected to be colder tomorrow, but my route is a bus route, and is therefore heavily used and gritted, so ice is extremely unlikely, even if car windows are frosty.
    I still say a goose will break your arm, but I'm a townie.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

geese are cute

Geese are cute - I know it’s getting to the end of summer when they appear in the local farmers field. Odd, but they all disappear just before Christmas

Goose for Christmas?

We have a lot of Canadian Geese here most of the year, currently a couple of flocks parked on the lake and around it.

Webex an go today of to the opticians to have some annoying things done with some yellow fluid so I wont be able to see sod all later, joys.

Audio book queued up ill likely just go home an sleep ,toodles.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    That's 3 new words I have learnt today.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Fun drive in playing with the traction control off. Long day expected and then the joys of our crap motorway system

That's where you went wrong.

We get lots of Geese here in winter. The locals say "Oh look, they are flying south for the winter...".
    This is 'south' for them, you tw@ts.

Mainly chasing my tail today and then later, bolting more shiny bits on to an engine.

Hot cross buns for brekkie. Champion.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Webex complete, Pinno, the number of shiny things in this engine bay of yours its going to blind anyone that happens to open the bonnet. This is the pokey isn't it?
  • a diet of worms today
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Today I am meeting a guy who is going part time in the Summer (and commuting from Italy) so I can take over most of his job. He also happens to be the only other person in the company with any real taste so hopefully we will go somewhere nice for lunch...

In other news, the collar on this shirt keeps pushing my beard out so it looks like I've chosen the 'sea captain' look rather than the 'well kept, intelligent with a hint of ruggedness' look which I usually go for.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    These days, I am full time WFH. Today that turned out to be especially fortuitous for some of my "office" colleagues over in the real workplace. Well, that and the general embargo on carrying automatic weapons anyway. Such levels of stupid are beyond tolerance!

Took bike #7 for a late afternoon trundle round the headland, which is a delightful 40 minutes of open grass trail riding with spectacular views, and shared it with.... nobody. At all. 250 acres of open space with trails groomed just for *me* it seems... :D

Dinner out, steak/salad/chips. And a couple glasses of cab sav, all to adjust the day's attitude.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    TLW1 wrote:
    Fun drive in playing with the traction control off.
    I'm looking forward to doing that as well :) Got an email yesterday to say that 'The Eagle has landed' and is currently in a holding compound somewhere near Kings Lynn.

Busy morning, including trying to sort out Stropteens insurance on her new 59 bhp monster. Useless bl00dy insurance companies - one of them can't tell me how much the price will go up by when she passes. I tell them I can't buy unless I have some idea. Told him to have a word with his boss and ponder how many new drivers business they might have lost like this. Durr.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    On the subject of cycling, I have a week's worth of riding to fit into one and a half night rides (tonight and tomorrow). What are people's views on slightly inebriated training? I think due to the ice and cold I would be much more comfortable if I had 1-3 beers prior to riding, maybe with a hipflask on the ride itself? Bearing in mind this is hypothetical of course, I also often ride on a long long straight road with no climbs or cars
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Busy morning, including trying to sort out Stropteens insurance on her new 59 bhp monster. Useless bl00dy insurance companies - one of them can't tell me how much the price will go up by when she passes. I tell them I can't buy unless I have some idea. Told him to have a word with his boss and ponder how many new drivers business they might have lost like this. Durr.
    Can't you just get 2 quotes - one as a learner and one as a newly qualified driver?
  • step83
    Everything is fuzzy and yellow, this is not enjoyable!
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Webex complete, Pinno, the number of shiny things in this engine bay of yours its going to blind anyone that happens to open the bonnet. This is the pokey isn't it?

Yes, It's the Pokey.
    Don't tell those tight wads in Road General that the water pump alone cost £450. It's a beautiful aluminium cast job, fit for the mantlepiece.
    Never mind the rest.

Just waiting for gaskets, seals and O rings from far flung places, Inexpensive but hard to source.

Some bloke bought 4 E Class wheel rims off me. He was in the F1 business. Wasn't you was it?
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Everything is fuzzy and yellow, this is not enjoyable!

Been there. 'Loon is there on a semi permanent basis.
  • Cold this morning, I had to zip my coat up!

Lots of faffing to do, mainly relating to bits of metal and there not being enough of them.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Can't you just get 2 quotes - one as a learner and one as a newly qualified driver?
    They couldn't do that :?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    They couldn't do that :?
    Get an Merc and stick on classic car insurance.