tuesday the lake is frozen, no ducks, nor geese

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, have a walk around in the subzero dawn, resist urge to kill gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, drink much coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , slippery under foot this morning, it’s still freezing now showing a -3 on the garden thermometer, indoor cycling again today, need to pop into Lincoln later on to do some shopping
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH which meant longer walk with the dog and family time

Another week of being hoppy until Friday is boring as hell - respect
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Icy at home, warmed up a bit near work but still icy in places. Plus side is that I only saw half a dozen people in an hour of running around.
    Off to poke at some metal shortly.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    atmospheric nippy walk around the park and frozen lake, noticed two geese still holding out near a stream, they better fly south before that freezes too

almost time to gather gmc posse and head to punter, i have early bail cunningly written into agenda
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • DHL clones off to school.kitchen cleaned up.esspresso and icy ride to work now it's day light.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The only safe time to meet up with TLW is January then.

Very wintry feel today.
    Merc is leaking brake fluid like there is no tomorrow but i've too much on my plate and it's far too cold to bother investigating, so i'll hand it to friendly mechanic bod.
    I shall be doing admin. in front of the woodburner and consuming vast quantities of frothy coffee all day.
    In between that, I may be in receipt of more shiny bits for engine.

As I purchase stuff for Mrs P online at Debenhams, they have sent me a link to their new exciting spring lingerie collection.

https://www.debenhams.com/lingerie-spri ... 2023792410

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Brisk this morning lots of quite thick ice, think we had a sleet shower so that froze.
    Wobbled in on MTB does feel horribly heavy after zipping around on road bikes, makes me tempted to build a zippy light hard tail again but no space for such things at home

Lots of ice an apparently its going to snow after lunch so that should be fun.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, dealing with mortgage brokers who seem to do nothing for their money seeing as I can get the deal myself. Also, the code for me to sign their thing was my surname which obviously I know how to spell, locked myself out somehow. Can't be arsed with these d1ckheads. No offense to any mortgage brokers out there... Coffee time
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Chilly and slippery wobble in to work this morning. Felt colder than yesterday due to the damp I suspect, lots of frozen puddles on the path through the park. It's the full width ones that I don't like. took it easy and made sure I kept it rubber side down. Another busy day in the orifice, the social committee have decided the company should support staff in a few events coming up including a Tough Mudder (no way I'm doing that), a raft race outside a pub (I'll support them in that) and the London to Brighton bike ride. Guess which one I will have to do as I have been volunteered to sort out a team entry. They didn't look impressed when I said we should get a 6.30 start and we'd be in Brighton by 10 ready for a day's drinking by the seaside.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    TLW1 wrote:
    Another week of being hoppy until Friday is boring as hell - respect
    Whether or not being teetotal makes you live longer I don't know, but it probably feels that way.

I'm being kind to idiots so far today but may have to start being sarcastic at some point. Out for cider and food tonight in town with a mate so the day will improve from here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They didn't look impressed when I said we should get a 6.30 start and we'd be in Brighton by 10 ready for a day's drinking by the seaside.

Drinks by the seaside, fish an chips then back home for tea?
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They didn't look impressed when I said we should get a 6.30 start and we'd be in Brighton by 10 ready for a day's drinking by the seaside.
    Exactly. The only problem is I might have to take it slowly to nurse some of the others along, I could knobble myself by doing it on the wife's shopping bike just for sh!t and giggles. But then again Ice bucket with cold drinks in the basket could be a thing. The alternative is the two of us that can ride a bike take off and are completely TLW'd by the time the others arrive.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Exactly. The only problem is I might have to take it slowly to nurse some of the others along, I could knobble myself by doing it on the wife's shopping bike just for sh!t and giggles. But then again Ice bucket with cold drinks in the basket could be a thing. The alternative is the two of us that can ride a bike take off and are completely TLW'd by the time the others arrive.
    Mix the two, go at their pace whilst drinking
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You should've suggested a 6am start "because Weatherspoons doesn't open until 8" if you really wanted an unimpressed look :twisted:
    Are you doing one of the big organised events or just you lot on your own?

Half price iced buns in M&S this lunchtime.
  • step83
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Mix the two, go at their pace whilst drinking

Cargo bike? One of those two wheels at the front affairs you could have a nice cheese board set up on that.
  • veronese68
    All good ideas, although buying a cargo bike just for that might seem excessive. Unless I claim it on my expenses of course.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    All good ideas, although buying a cargo bike just for that might seem excessive. Unless I claim it on my expenses of course.
    I have a beer carrier that holds 6 bottles, there must be shops on the way to replenish
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    I have a beer carrier that holds 6 bottles
    Turning into a lightweight in your old age?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Any more and there is a danger of warm ale
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I think the female child’s Dutch type bike with basket o n the front will be ideal. Cool bag with a few beers and top it up. Attach a bottle opener to the bars and I can get myself a beer without having to stop.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I think the female child’s Dutch type bike with basket o n the front will be ideal. Cool bag with a few beers and top it up. Attach a bottle opener to the bars and I can get myself a beer without having to stop.
    And you don’t have to cycle bow legged like I do with mine
  • pinno
    A barrel of ale, some T pieces and some windscreen hosing.
    Perhaps even a battery pack and a washer pump...

The possibilities are endless.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    I thought that's what you lot drank?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    He was talking about when he takes a leak.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    He was talking about when he takes a leak.
    It's hard to ascertain whether a filtering or distillation process takes place.