wahoo elemnt bolt

scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited January 2019 in MTB buying advice
hello is any one using a wahoo elemnt bolt gps unit for mtb.i think my garmin 800 it on it last legs look at getting new gps i be switch to my road bike as well.it easy put mtb gpx routes on the wahoo or do get garmin 820 or watch :?

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I sold an 820 and bought a Bolt as I had four 820s and non worked properly. That was 12 months ago though.IMO Garmins mapping is better than the mapping on the Bolt so I’d go with the Garmin if I need mapping.The 1030 is a better unit than the 820.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I use a Bolt on my MTB all the time. Love it. I use it for ride tracking and route following, using Strava to plan the route. No turn-by-turn this way but I have never got lost.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    figbat wrote:
    I use a Bolt on my MTB all the time. Love it. I use it for ride tracking and route following, using Strava to plan the route. No turn-by-turn this way but I have never got lost.
    You can get turn-by-turn using RidewithGPS to plot routes.Works with the free version too.