Nakamura Summit Used

AlexJoker
AlexJoker Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in MTB buying advice
So I was looking for a good used full suspension bike and found this bike (Nakamura Summit) I can't find anything about the same model nor same frame. The seller says it's a fully custom build with aftermarket parts. It has a sram x4 derailleur and it's a 1x7 I think. The bike looks pretty descent but I can't find alot about the frame company. It has rockshox revelation u turn fork and a rockshox ario shock. Maxxis ardent tyres, a dropper post and shimano hydraulic disc brakes. Do you think I should get this bike for 600 euros?
Pictures : https://imgur.com/a/GBnW6RD

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    It's a cheap chinese bike sold in europe mostly in France. Tests I have read about them usually give them a score of 1 to 2 out of ten. As the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:
    It's a cheap chinese bike sold in europe mostly in France. Tests I have read about them usually give them a score of 1 to 2 out of ten. As the saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Im mostly concerned about the frame, the parts are pretty good. I just don't want it bending,breaking or flexing on me.
    Do you think it will be stiff enough? and should I continue with the purchase?
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    The parts are mostly from 10 years ago, this bike has not been made for several years so the pictures don't ring true.
    Plus the frame is agricultural and probably rides like a pig, no slight on pigs intended.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Do you think I should get this bike for 600 euros?

God no! Have a look on the pink bike classifieds, there will be dozens of higher spec, better riding bikes than that lump, for less/similar money
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er