friday under a blood red sky, or maybe it's a normal sky and there's just blood everywhere

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

officecoffeelabstuffbail, with snacks involved at some point
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry and cold , just walked the dog thinking I need a bowl of porridge and a cuppa
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Yeah might be blood everywhere by the end of the day. Is it home time yet?

TLW1, was that you in the dark layby this morning? One for the MFs' map when they are back.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Nnngggh. May start a dog blog. I've forgotten what we used to do before. Only a 5:00am nature call today so he's growing up.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    TLW1, was that you in the dark layby this morning? One for the MFs' map when they are back.
    Yep :)
  • big_harv
    edited January 2019
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, dog sitting again, so lots of strong coffee after broken night's sleep. Mutt not liking bandage or boot on paw operated on, had to redo it several times. Arghh. Big harv, you survived i suspect, now your living. Seems strange looking back since getting ours last yr and thinking why didn't we get one earlier. Does cause some hassle but overall he's been good for the family as a whole. Just don't tell him that.

I'm told the first 16 weeks set the standard of behaviour for life so the investment in time is worth it. Unlike some humans I know who need re-booting frequently.
  • tlw1
    Hybrid commute which wasn’t as cold as expected. Later is pub further away, so a reasonable walk
  • big_harv
    20 years ago our dogs just muddled along with children and normal chaotic family life, with diet that consisted of whatever was on tv that week. Fortunately they had placid temperaments and cast iron constitutions.

Anyway, back to cycling. I haven't done any.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Getting used to this full time WFH thing, and I like it. In the first two weeks of this year I've done more bike miles than I probably did all of 2018. Stopped for a stare at the view on the way back.

So far, not too much to complain about this year. Humph.

39821652393_3d03bca223_k.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    That's 2 of us then, recent cold seems to have left severe case of CBA,s and post Christmas lard. Need to kick myself up the arris and get moving, OH booked me onto an early spring sportive plus I'm doing C2C in May with a few mates.
    Need to do the c2c, just don’t seem to get round to it
  • Managed a decent, albeit short 40km ride around Windermere from Bowness yesterday. Tonight is whizzing round a go kart track.

Airport run in the morning the ski stuff shopping and lunch in town!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, spent the morning doing gumph paperwork for things. Now pretty much on my own in the office as theyve all gone to the pub, not exactly sure what I'm doing rest of the afternoon now.
    Brought the MTB with me owning to the now melted ice so may take it for a quick blast depends if the moods takes me.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hoping to do a sungod later i.e. bail early.

Just devoured a delicious chicken katsu curry for lunch.

Weekend of doing not a lot is approaching.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Wet and windy and chilly. Spent a few hours in it putting the finishing touches on the fence wot I builts innit.

Coffee and cake time with no background music by U2.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    u2? u2? u2? mention them not

judas priest

though i'll forgive you as i went for the singular 'sky' to make the rest of the line work and that might've confused things
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here, made it to the cafe for lunch though. Not going to manage an early bail having had a very early bail on Wednesday. Other than that all is well with the world. Taking the old dear out to look at a few cars tomorrow, could be a bit painful but has to be done. After that lots of pottering to be done.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Full on day up the Grands Montets. It snowed fair bit yesterday and it's been cold & clear since, so had a top powder skiing day and a fair bit of off piste. Not sure how my legs still work.

Food and drink soon and maybe a return to the bar with the nice barmaids who gave us free vodka shots last night :)

Home tomorrow night :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    Did they get prettier as the night wore on? Was it in their plan?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Pinno wrote:
    Did they get prettier as the night wore on? Was it in their plan?
    Not sure, but it was in our plan :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]