edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

heady whirl of coffee, webex, and lab, aiming for early bail

seems to be getting nippier
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, snow and cold wind at the moment, it looks like the road gritters have been out , indoor cycling later, a couple of errands to run this morning
  • sungod wrote:
    'ning

heady whirl of coffee, webex, and lab, aiming for early bail

seems to be getting nippier
    webex?

DHLs packed off for the day, quick espresso then ride to work. Just above freezing so hopefully no slippery stuff.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, cold out. The useless piece of sh1t canopy on the back of the Glamorok has frozen shut too so I had to force it open, no way of defrosting it. It used to to it on the old one until I forced it and the catches snapped. Office move tomorrow, I'm the only one in so it's a good excuse to drink coffee and sit about.

Also, it was sleeting on my ride last night and there is a nice layer of snow high up on the hills
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    WFH, which meant a decent walk with the dog and breakfast with the family - so double win :)

Later is running either in the woods at the back of the house or on the track in town
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, flurry of snow not worth writing home about, lots of ice though made the bimble in rather tense.

Work then later shall be enduring the inlaws who seem to have invited themselves
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    webex?
    cloudywebby collaboration thing beloved of gmcs https://www.webex.com/

finally drove stake through heart of thing we got lumbered with, sent 'dieyoubastarddie' command out to all remote tentacles, maybe have a party later

need to decide if i have another coffee now
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover today after an atypical Wednesday morning hangover yesterday. Coffee is helping. It seems to be permanently dark outside so I'm spending as much time as possible in pubs. What sort of madman gives up the booze in January? Looking at you H³.
    Need to go and see the old dear tonight, might take my sister to the pub. Quite chilly when wobbling in this morning, not quite freezing and it did try to snow at one point. Getting colder tomorrow, could take the old MTB in if it looks icy as the park does get a bit sketchy.
    Better get on, lots of work to do. on the bright side the days do go a lot quicker.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I usually find Webex something people like to use while eating, I feel I need to up the ante at times maybe cull a chicken or gut a fish?

V, with you on possibly using an MTB it was somewhat bum puckering a couple times coming in. OK it'll be slower but maybe a slightly lower chance of death on the MTB as I can go along the grass which should be less slidey.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    noisy eaters/slurpers/breathers/etc. definitely need culling, if they try it on calls/webexes i set up they get remotely muted or disconnected without warning
  • sungod wrote:
    webex?
    cloudywebby collaboration thing beloved of gmcs https://www.webex.com/

finally drove stake through heart of thing we got lumbered with, sent 'dieyoubastarddie' command out to all remote tentacles, maybe have a party later

need to decide if i have another coffee now

just had a look. I'm amazed how the site looks so cheap when it's paid for by cisco. It's like one of those web-hosting providers run out of a garage, knocked up with badly managed clip-art. The mirrored images always get me, like this where the shirt is now buttoned from the right.
    WebEx-is-backed-by-Cisco-security.jpg

or this one.. is it you?
    Get-mobile-meetings-with-WebEx.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Snow stopped play mid afternoon so we headed for the pool & sauna then hit the bar. Unhealthy food time soon. I hope my legs will take me the quarter of a mile to town.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,324
    I have a Webtex base layer.

Me knackered me. Wrestled with a fence post stuck in a 3" x 3" concrete hole. I fought the fence post and the fence post...
    Other than that, it was chilly today. Had to keep moving. Broke an SDS drill bit. Shiny engine parts came but no time to fit them. Have to go back the morra and finish the fence.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nyaaah. Bollox. And deep breaths. And all.is good.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    TLW1 wrote:

Later is running either in the woods at the back of the house or on the track in town
    Watch out for those tree roots.

Been doing the krypton factor again in a big old house. Tried to go for a spin at the velodrome on the way back but not open for mortals today so went for a run instead and managed not to trip over any roots/rabbit holes/terriers/pensioners.