wednesday discard your innocent dreams

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie avec ananas, then coffee etc. at gmc's tentacle français, followed by tartare, bier, vin, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild this morning but I see it will be turning colder later on, just having a cuppa whilst wondering what to do later on
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Another day, more meetings. Still sore after last nights trail floor hitting run :(
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Moist ride to the office and in super early for a change. Looked like the sun was rising in the west this morning, maybe UFOs have landed.
    Might regret the shorts and short sleeved jersey later after listening to the weather forecast.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited January 2019
    He will have learnt something Oxo.

What exactly did you damage TLW? A Rowan, perhaps an Oak sapling?

Chilly here. It's like wot you lot will get.
    How's the eye 'Loon?

Re.: Stevo.

A) He got piste off piste and hasn't surfaced
    B) He's enjoying some French sausage and hasn't surfaced yet.
    C) He's buried underneath 20ft of snow and the sniffer dog's have been shown a £5 note as a scent reference but hasn't surfaced yet.

Who knows.

Today i'll be mowstly waiting for deliveries between coughing.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    What exactly did you damage TLW? A Rowan, perhaps an Oak sapling?
    :) it was a root from an oak
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, brisk damp and very murky today. Spending today doing invoicing for stuff then some advanced chair rotating and paper plane making. Also need to order some new Lipos for some of the static cameras joyous
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Pinno wrote:
    How's the eye 'Loon?
    An eff of a lot better than it was on Monday night thanks. Still gritty but I'm coming to the end of the 48 hours no touch, no water, no nothing period, so can start to do things other than my bleepin' tax return.

Just as well my good eye, the not misbehaving one, is 6/4 on the tests which is pretty good; 6/6 (m) is what used to be 20/20 (ft) so my good eye can read at 6m what the 'standard' eye can read at 4m distance. Is why I wear safety glasses a lot inc on the bike despite the occasional odd look. I think safety specs are rather stylish myself; plus i could really do without being struck by a bumblebee or whatever, twice last year had one bounce off the lens.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    How's the eye 'Loon?
    An eff of a lot better than it was on Monday night thanks. Still gritty but I'm coming to the end of the 48 hours no touch, no water, no nothing period, so can start to do things other than my bleepin' tax return.

Just as well my good eye, the not misbehaving one, is 6/4 on the tests which is pretty good; 6/6 (m) is what used to be 20/20 (ft) so my good eye can read at 6m what the 'standard' eye can read at 4m distance. Is why I wear safety glasses a lot inc on the bike despite the occasional odd look. I think safety specs are rather stylish myself; plus i could really do without being struck by a bumblebee or whatever, twice last year had one bounce off the lens.

My eyes are dry and the steroidal drops make them even dryer even though I was told to '...keep them well lubricated...' so I use Bolle contour edge with all manner of interchangeable lenses. I too, think they look quite smart.

s-l225.jpg
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Those Bolle look a bit cooler than my big ol' rectangular frames. (I was being slightly tongue in cheek). I note can get them through likes of Toolstation - got one local - as well as Amazon. But read as fixed lens. Looking at Bolle Contour range. So can you mix and interchange the lenses then? Mind you, at £6-7 no biggie to get clear, yellow, sun separately. What about the side protection? I like good wrap round to feel safer.
  • Ran 1.2km, cruckled ankle, walked 1.2km home.

Ski trip meeting tonight, hopefully not too much wine will be drank.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo, get some gopro footage up so we can assess your snowplough
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Those Bolle look a bit cooler than my big ol' rectangular frames. (I was being slightly tongue in cheek). I note can get them through likes of Toolstation - got one local - as well as Amazon. But read as fixed lens. Looking at Bolle Contour range. So can you mix and interchange the lenses then? Mind you, at £6-7 no biggie to get clear, yellow, sun separately. What about the side protection? I like good wrap round to feel safer.

Yes, basically. If you get the one's that aren't fully framed such as the above but not these:

s-l1600.jpg

See the ^ little rivets? Stops you changing the lenses.

s-l1600.jpg

...But these look really cool:

s-l1600.jpg
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, looking at ordering a Wahoo, wheels and tyres for a long ride on the touring bike (currently set up with gravel tubeless and I don't want to switch). Hooray for no money. Office move on Friday so I'm starting to box stuff up now and drink coffee...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    In the words of the beyootiful Rihanna. Mi haffi work work work work work work.

I expect Stevo has finshed slithering about for the day and is either enjoying a massive slab of cake back at the hotel/chalet, a cup of vin chaud, or whatever passes for cider in Chamonix. The git. :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day at work with an early runner as it was the girl’s parents evening at school. Usual comments from all of them about what a slacker she is, always chatting and disturbing others. Oh no, that’s me. She got the usual glowing reports that are almost embarrassing. Her results are very good as well so we are extremely happy to say the least. It would be good for any kid but after the trouble she’s had the last few years it really is amazing.
    Going to the pub to celebrate later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Stevo, get some gopro footage up so we can assess your snowplough
    Haven't got a GoPro HD so you'll just have imagine my stem turns :) Cracking day, morning in Argentiere and afternoon in Le Tour. Legs ache a bit but beer and a session in the pool/sauna/steam room have helped. Large amounts of fried cow and red wine a bit later should compete the rehab.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    In the words of the beyootiful Rihanna. Mi haffi work work work work work work.

I expect Stevo has finshed slithering about for the day and is either enjoying a massive slab of cake back at the hotel/chalet, a cup of vin chaud, or whatever passes for cider in Chamonix. The git. :wink:
    All of the above :D

We found a place with some very easy on the eye barmaids last night and drank lots of gin and vodka there to see how much more attractive they would get :) . Would have had cider but the offered me Magners FFS.

Conditions perfect today - clear slies, sunny and not too cold. Only wiped out once.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Re.: Stevo.

A) He got piste off piste and hasn't surfaced
    B) He's enjoying some French sausage and hasn't surfaced yet.
    C) He's buried underneath 20ft of snow and the sniffer dog's have been shown a £5 note as a scent reference but hasn't surfaced yet.

Who knows.
    None of the above :) Last night and today were so good I forgot to update till now.

We got cheese poisoning last night after eating our own body weight in raclette. Or maybe it was a reaction with the gin and vodka? More excess to follow shortly.

In other good news, there's a strip joint in Chamonix :twisted:
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Glad you're all well in your respective endeavours. Our pup is a joy. He came to us to be let out for a call of nature this morning which I'm sure you would agree is commendable.

Oh, it was 4:30am.....keep smiling Harv.
  • pinno
    The steaming deposit will freeze.
  • big_harv
    He better learn to be quick then. But good habits need to be ingrained now so has to be done.

Our older dog had an aversion to rain. We had to hold an umbrella for her. I also spent an afternoon putting a dog flap in the door. She took one look at it and (more or less) said f**k that boy..
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    We trained our dog to ring a bell at the back door when she needs a sh!t or a p!ss. Unfortunately she now does it if she's hungry, thirsty, or just wants a fuss.
  • big_harv
    hopkinb wrote:
    We trained our dog to ring a bell at the back door when she needs a sh!t or a p!ss. Unfortunately she now does it if she's hungry, thirsty, or just wants a fuss.

I would actually pay money (or more likely donate to charity) to see a video clip of that! :D
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    hopkinb wrote:

Ha, once dogs get an idea of how something like that works they will play you like a piano.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    :lol:

We had a cat called Midnight. When we fitted a cat flap, she was very suspicious and managed to snag herself in her first attempt to use it. She tried to go through it sideways.
    From then on, in her mistrust of the cat chomping contraption, she would go to the furthest point in the utility room away from it and run as fast as she could through it.
    It was a life long habit.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    :lol:

We had a cat called Midnight. When we fitted a cat flap, she was very suspicious and managed to snag herself in her first attempt to use it. She tried to go through it sideways.
    From then on, in her mistrust of the cat chomping contraption, she would go to the furthest point in the utility room away from it and run as fast as she could through it.
    It was a life long habit.
    My lot open the door for the cat, so she has stopped using the cat flap, unless they are all out and she gets fed up of me ignoring her
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    I love that and also want a bell for me