sungod Posts: 16,438
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

milder yet again, though windy, ride, cafes, laze, eat more pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, strong winds and mild here as well, we are going out for the day York of all places
    Enjoy what’s left of the weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Windy here too, legs still tired from cycling into it for 3 hrs yesterday :(

Hound walked and now a decent pace run before pacing the current wife and her pal at a more sedate speed.

Then off to see my grandma followed by the local
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Has Vindemiatrix III cooled down enough for Pineapple groves SG?!
    I think you are telling porkies.

Windy and mild here. I'm going to sauna my head cold to death today.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Swim this morning, continuing the hopefully remedial additional exercise regime on the dodgy shoulder by strengthening those long term slacker muscle groups. Heavy session with chiropractor yesterday afternoon, but much improved mobility afterwards, very noticeably better movement, which is a good sign. Just need that injection of 'roids now...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Just relaxing with a cup of coffee.

Main task of the day will be packing my ski gear - headed off tomorrow night after work, so Monday will be my Friday. That sounds good to me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Main task of the day will be packing my ski gear - headed off tomorrow night after work, so Monday will be my Friday. That sounds good to me.
    I might see if I can blag a long weekend by myself in st anton or somewhere round there. I think they've had a few flakes of snow there, so conditions might be reasonable.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    @'Loon: There's nothing like Duct tape, cable ties and WD40 for remedial purposes.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I might see if I can blag a long weekend by myself in st anton or somewhere round there. I think they've had a few flakes of snow there, so conditions might be reasonable.
    Just a bit of snow there at the moment - not sure how you'll manage that and stick to your 3 month dry period mind, especially in St. Anton :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Pinno wrote:
    @'Loon: There's nothing like Duct tape, cable ties and WD40 for remedial purposes.
    How do you take the WD40? I've tried it with tonic and with tomato juice, but doesn't do it for me.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    edited January 2019
    Petit chien (chiot) woke us up at 5:00am today but has otherwise been a joy. He's seen off a particularly aggressive leaf by the back door, and as he's taken care of toilet business in the garden he's already achieving legendary status. Tomorrow I intend to demonstrate to him the finer points of a Campag derailleur, just to test his intellect.
  • hopkinb
    Dogs are all about sram.
  • big_harv
    edited January 2019
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dogs are all about sram.

In point of fact this one is all about slippers. If we are invaded by an alien race who by chance resemble lady's Tesco pink slippers I can guarantee your safety.
  • hopkinb
    Mine brings me whatever she can find when I get home. Slippers, socks, a ball, crisp packet. It's all good in her eyes. I appreciate the gift, and say thanks.
  • big_harv
    Hopefully I can train mine to bring me my cycling shoes, gilet etc. And equally hopefully the wife won't suspect a t'ing.
  • hopkinb
    Terrier is it Harv? They're good at sniffing and ratting. My mum has a jack russell/yorkie cross. It'll get you stuff, but won't let go. Barks at any bigger dog too. Small dog syndrome.
  • big_harv
    Border Terrier. We had 2 Westies previously. Balls of solid rock. Except they were girls but you get the point. 8)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    Big Harv wrote:
    Hopefully I can train mine to bring me my cycling shoes, gilet etc. And equally hopefully the wife won't suspect a t'ing.
    is that babylon and ting? cyan chant it down
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • big_harv
    sungod wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    is that babylon and ting? cyan chant it down

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... lon%20ting

Blimey you're up late. :mrgreen:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    All this yoof talk is hurting my head, an my legs already hurt from fighting that wind today. nearly 50K but having to pedal to keep momentum going downhill was somewhat tiring.