Deep in the bosom of Saturday

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,121
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Big day out at cannock chase with a friend planned for today, but hardly had any sleep so won't be as fun as it should be.
At least the forecast says it will stay reasonably dry, and I've got loads of sweets to keep me going.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , raining at the moment dog walked, breakfast consumed, shopping to do for us and my mum, then a ride around some of Lincolnshire if it stops raining , if not the rollers will get some more use
    Have a good weekend
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

ride and cafes, decide if i have a cold starting

seems milder here, hoping the forecast showers stay away until later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long walk with hound then sort bikes by shoving the ones the kids don’t use in the stables and the ones I don’t use in the garage :)

Then a long run followed by a decent ride to Ludlow for lunch, later is local
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod wrote:
    ...decide if I have a cold starting.

You caught it from Hoppy.

It's wet here and a tad windy.

...decide which tinkering job I need to do.

Normal footy later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Pants. Just about sorted to get outside, then the bleepin' rain has started. And it's bleepin' cold as well. Rats. Not going out. Pah. Stompy foot.

Chiropractor session this afternoon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Enjoying the traditional slow start, should get going really.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Very little of any significance achieved today at all. This is completely fine.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Decent lie in, got hair cut, now sorting out ski gear for next week while plumber fixes the shower. No sign of Stropteen going to look at cars today thankfully so may follow a bit of football this afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Puppy come home day here. 10 years since our last dog. So, anticipated lots of fuss and excitement. The little fella sniffed about a bit and then promptly fell asleep. Result!

I can only assume the breeder had him up early. Border Terrier btw.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Thistle suspect cannock may be a tad damp this morning, supposedly a couple of forestry diversions on if riding dog and the monkey. .
    Moist but not really muddy, apart from 1 bit where the fc had driven tanks across the trail. Slippery as hell though everywhere.
    Really really busy though, kept getting overtaken by those bloody e bike things, then we'd catch them up again because they kept stopping for a rest.
  • Stevo_666
    Big Harv wrote:
    Puppy come home day here. 10 years since our last dog. So, anticipated lots of fuss and excitement. The little fella sniffed about a bit and then promptly fell asleep. Result!

Congratulations Harv. They're easier than kids!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

And cheaper
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed it, i tend to ride in the week when off shift. My favourite thing is coming across disabled or flat e-bikes, but then i'm in the only people that should have them are the physically incapable and age isn't an excuse.
    There was a moment of shadenfreunde when one of them blasted past up a climb and half way up there was a massive crunch as his rear mech jammed up and he had to push. :D
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

And cheaper
    And less whiney/more grateful.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Till you get a vets bill or the presents they leave everywhere.
    Vet insurance < car insurance
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    trying the merlot cabernet sauvignon cold cure, if that fails will go for the tawny port cure, mrs s holds by the cognac cure, but that doesn't seem scientific to me

if necessary, will try the king's ginger cordial
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • big_harv
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Correct. The presents are to be anticipated for a short while. Afterward blame the owner. The vet, I don't recall the last time I could call a GP on a weekend, so yeah I'll cover that off.

The thing that's "new" seemingly in the past 10 years is the range of raw/grain free/gluten free wet/dry foods out there. I guess this is a reflection of better information for ourselves.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Big Harv wrote:

Congrats Big Harv. A doggo is a great addition to any household. I never had one as a kid, but I don't think I'd be without one now until such time as my ticker or liver pack it in.

Talking of which, I'm going to go 90 days dry from Monday. Reset the brain, drop some weight, ride more, save some money. What's not to like? I'm only "missing out" on gormless booze in front of the box. Oddly enough, i have no problem with soft drinks while out and about.

Enjoying an extremely decent white from the Languedoc tonight though, with piping hot fish and chips, and I have stood up a decent old(ish) Graves for tomorrow's beef.

Did 5 hours at work today, keeping on top of stuff. Not sure minion is quite there yet, but it's her first time doing quarterly reporting.
  • big_harv
    oxoman wrote:
    Luckily ours leaves his presents outside on his own personal toilet plot, sadly just about to kill us for nearly a grand for an OP and aftercare. Seriously thinking about pet insurance.

Which may exclude pre-existing. But a good call nevertheless, anyone who understands insurance and knows what a 400% loss ratio means will think it worthwhile. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Big Harv wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Correct. The presents are to be anticipated for a short while. Afterward blame the owner. The vet, I don't recall the last time I could call a GP on a weekend, so yeah I'll cover that off.

The thing that's "new" seemingly in the past 10 years is the range of raw/grain free/gluten free wet/dry foods out there. I guess this is a reflection of better information for ourselves.
    Ours gets mainly the raw stuff (with veg and bone ground in) so a bit like a doggy version of steak tartare every day. Beats Winalot I suppose, although probably not totally necessary given how unfussy they usually are with food.

e3b5af8327baee6de906ffbe2df41624.png.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Talking of which, I'm going to go 90 days dry from Monday. Reset the brain, drop some weight, ride more, save some money. What's not to like?
    You are dead to TLW now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Talking of which, I'm going to go 90 days dry from Monday. Reset the brain, drop some weight, ride more, save some money. What's not to like?
    You are dead to TLW now.

TLW has just keeled over dead with the thought.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    You are dead to TLW now.

TLW has just keeled over dead with the thought.
    I hate quitters