Just on the off-chance...

larkim
larkim Posts: 2,474
edited January 2019 in MTB general
Brand new Hoy Bonaly 26, plus white Rockrider Big RR 5.3 29er with black Recon Gold fork and black Rockrider 520 with cushioned seat nicked from our garage in Frodsham yesterday / last night. All insured ok, but just in case they appear as a bargain…
2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Comments

• billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Sorry to hear that. Got any photos?

Have you posted in the stolen bike section?
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Register your bikes with these people. https://www.immobilise.com/

It provides all the info that the Police need to trace you if they find your bike. It helps the Police prove the recovered item has been stolen so they can prosecute the thief.

Benefits of Registration
    # Immobilise helps Police identify the owners of recovered property thousands of times everyday.
    # Property updates you make are immediately available to the Police nationally.
    # Combat the sale of stolen gadgets & valuables; alert the second-hand trade & publicly checkable stolen goods database CheckMEND if an item goes missing.
    # Simplify insurance claims and Police reports with certificates of ownership.
    # Great member offers from Immobilise’s numerous supporters, often helping support the FREE provision of Immobilise.
    # If you need to obtain a Loss Report Number for insurance purposes please visit Report My Loss.
  • larkim
    Horse > Stable Door etc...

I'll cross post to the stolen bike section. Not expecting any miracles, and we're not talking £3000 bikes here, so hopefully insurance will sort it out (putting the excess to one side).
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Register your bikes with these people. https://www.immobilise.com/
    BikeRegister is the defacto site used by the UK Police....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • larkim
    Can't fault my insurers - claim went in electronically last night, claims adjuster called today and agreed full claim with a mix of them buying one bike direct from Evans, a cash settlement for the other and Halfords vouchers for the third. Very impressed with their customer service and speed. Insurer is AA Home insurance, bikes not specifically covered but addressed by their £3000 cover for contents in garages and outbuildings, and all on new for old basis.

With so many tales of insurers playing hardball, this was very reassuring that they were honouring their side of the insurance contract effectively.