Strava has stopped working with my phone.

huret
huret Posts: 62
edited January 2019 in Workshop
Strava stopped working with my i-phone III yesterday after 4 years. Couldn't upload photos to my ride. It kept saying 'wi-fi issue'. So I deleted Strava and tried to download it again, but it said 'Your device is not compatable with this version of Strava' :shock: I've Tweeted Strava Support but no reply.
Anyone any ideas?
Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Huret wrote:
    Strava stopped working with my i-phone III yesterday after 4 years. Couldn't upload photos to my ride. It kept saying 'wi-fi issue'. So I deleted Strava and tried to download it again, but it said 'Your device is not compatable with this version of Strava' :shock: I've Tweeted Strava Support but no reply.
    Anyone any ideas?

if it aint on strava it didnt happen. Id stop riding until youve got a new phone capable of running strava. whats the point.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    I don't know why you'd delete the app because you had a wi-fi issue, but as Vino said what's the point in riding if nobody knows.
  • huret
    Thanks
    I've partially fixed it by downloading Google Chrome browser to phone, I can go to my Strava account and edit via that, tho' I don't seem to be able to put captions to the photos.
    Yeah looks like something happened yesterday that rendered my phone 'too old', yes it's a Samsung S3 too. I was thinking it was the -16 temperature on my SkiCX at Bessans :D
    Been thinking about a new phone actually with better camera......
  • huret
    joe2008 wrote:
    I don't know why you'd delete the app because you had a wi-fi issue, but as Vino said what's the point in riding if nobody knows.
    i thought re-loading it might have solved the issue.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Open a support ticket with Strava
  • huret
    joe2008 wrote:
    Open a support ticket with Strava
    Done.
    Cheers
  • huret
    Skye (Help Center)

Jan 11, 1:30 PM PST
    Thanks for writing in. We are upgrading Strava's network security systems to make sure your data continues to be as safe as possible. This change requires that all athletes have a more recent version of Strava to continue using Strava on Android devices. If you are seeing errors such as "Data sync failed," "Network unavailable," or something similar, please make sure you have the following installed:

Android KitKat 4.4 or later.
    Strava app version 51.0.0 or later. The latest update can be downloaded from the Google Play store.

Doesn't explain why it stopped on my phone 10/01/2019.
    Can I upgrade my phone to Kitkat 4.4?

Edit - Yeah looks like I need a new phone.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    bummer