Started Thursday Early Because Our Usual Correspondent Is Away

big_harv
big_harv Posts: 512
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Oi. Paris. Lopsided house, or is it right side up and it's the rest of the world that's subsiding....

Comments

• What day is it anyway?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    What day is it anyway?
    Not the day to change my chainring. Didn't realise some have asymmetric bolt positions, only realised after taking it all to bits obviously.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It's not fcuking Thursday already is it? Deadlines are coming closer.
  • big_harv
    I know but blink and you miss stuff. Anyway, in the UK t'is bedtime and the hard work is done for tomorrow. Just think, January 9th 2019 will never happen again.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    oxoman wrote:
    I thought the rules stated it had to be posted on the day not half a day before, otherwise it don't count. Only excuse is if it's already Thursday in your country already and I suspect it's not.
    Paging Pinno to the thread. He pretends to dish out the rules.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    I thought the rules stated it had to be posted on the day not half a day before, otherwise it don't count. Only excuse is if it's already Thursday in your country already and I suspect it's not.
    Paging Pinno to the thread. He pretends to dish out the rules.
    Who?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Oi!

@Big Harv: FAIL.

SG posts from gay Paris too.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • It's thursday in paris now but not back then
  • pinno
    I wonder what and where SG will post now.

We'll sit here with bated breath. (Although I'll f*ck off to bed in between now and that point).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I thought you had to have had a sleep and woken up ready for the day to start a daily post. Have a word Harv, it ain’t big and not much around here is clever.
    Been to the pub, beer has been drunk and the world has been put to rights. Unfortunately I doubt it was listening.
  • tlw1
    Confused - do the rules allow me to post on an illegal thread or do I have to start a new one?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning I think, what’s happening , is this anything to do with Brexit ? , any way very cold here again, just need to put everything back in the conservatory, job done in good books again
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Confused - do the rules allow me to post on an illegal thread or do I have to start a new one?
    Ask Uncle Pinno.

I might start a thread for Saturday now because that's a good day of the week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • big_harv
    Wrist duly slapped. :lol:
  • tlw1
    Big Harv wrote:
    What were you doing ;)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    What morrow is this? Its cold, I'm confused as I have no frost on my car but the rest do (random do gooder?) and I'm drinking some clear tosh called water.

Send help, in the form of coffee.
  • pinno
    Big Harv wrote:

You can atone for your sins by posting pictures of Norks.
  • pinno
    Mainly coughing today.

Trying in vain to contact certain organisations. Getting on a TGV and buggering off somewhere would be ideal.
    Has SG died of food poisoning from Tartare?

Laters.
  • tlw1
    WFH - meant a couple of miles with the hound rather than the usual mile - so should hit steps target

Later is a chilled run with walking the hills to protect the highly strung hamstring. May also put tyres back on the winter bike now it’s back from the doctors
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    My weekend started yesterday/today/tomorrow/delete as appropriate, nice to have a short back to work week after 4 weeks off. Grafter, so I am.

This day, whichever one it is, will be mainly pottering about avoiding stuff.

Keep turning your respective wheels, hamsters.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    Has SG died of food poisoning from Tartare?.
    Maybe yesterday's masterscheme involved giving some people a lift in a truck up the M6 and he didn't manage the victorious part :roll:
  • If anyone has a copy of a hand-arm-vibration policy I'd be very glad of a copy :roll:

The usual boring desk stuff (see above) interspeckled with the occasional holiday purchase and bits and bobs for the chalet.

Might go for a run later, maybe try 10km again and up the ante at weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Tell you what stevo I'll start Sundays later today as well.
    Good plan may as well cover Sunday as well. It'll be like pinball when you've got loads of balls in play. Fnarr fnarr.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

post delayed due to temporal anomaly, a day of coffee, webexes, lab, and much travel arranging

followed by bubbly, dinner and bijou theatre
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny