sungod Posts: 16,431
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, formulate masterscheme, tartare, return victorious
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold in that wind whilst walking the dog, painting one wall in the conservatory, then a bash on the rollers later
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Sungod, sounds like you're at Gare du Nord. What do you make of the lopsided house-"art" presumably....?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Longer walk with the hound was nice as no commute today.

Leg feels ok after getting pummelled by an easy on the eye physio

Later is probably visit my parent before they bugger off on another inheritance busting holiday
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    TLW1 wrote:
    Leg feels ok after getting pummelled by an easy on the eye physio

Later is probably visit my parent before they bugger off on another inheritance busting holiday
    Did you tell the physio it was your upper leg that was hirting at the front? Also maybe get your folks a bumper sticker that says 'I'm going skiing (spending the kids inheritance)', just as a subtle hint.

Good luck to SG, although it's not often that other countries visit France and not emerge victorious.

Chilly today and for a change I have quite a lot of meetings. Seems people have woken up after the Christmas hols.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Chilly this morning, ducks doing duck things on the lake and coffee being brewed.
    Works slowly ramping up but thus far zero im actually involved in so I can remain lurking behind the dividers for now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    TLW1 wrote:

They have figured out that you'll only drink it anyway.

Today appointments. Then some more tinkering with gaskets and the like.

Chilly but bright.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

They have figured out that you'll only drink it anyway.
    I would build an extension and buy some new bikes also :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

brekkie, formulate masterscheme, tartare, return victorious

dominate and crush them my son. show no mercy.

all things good here - final parts of packing happening, we're all still in shock over a new bod's utter badmin.

time for - bizarrely - a cup of tea.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon. Site meeting this morning where Biggus Houndus knackered himself out in the mud, followed by suit shopping again (after last night's wrong trouser f*ckup), disappointment of no vegan sausage rolls in greggs (to show Mr mOrgan we are not afraid). Currently sat in the office avoiding thinking about client meeting tomorrow by procrastinating on the internet. Hill reps tonight to take my mind off it. C0ck c0ck c0ck
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Spending today getting used to new laptop. It's an exquisite little thing but the so-called docking station is really just a glorified junction box and my desk is now looking like a dropped pasta meal. I'm still missing an adapter so I've lost one of my monitors, and to add insult to injury it doesn't supply power like the old one did; the laptop still requires plugging in to a separate power supply...

Hardware aside, we're also lurching from Windows 7 to 10, so I'm spending a lot of time finding out where it's hiding things. Luckily we have a Win 10 laptop at home so I'm marginally less clueless than some of my colleagues.

First world problems I know...

In other news, I'm sure the days are getting longer already :D
  • Bloody cold here, so much so I haven't even set foot in the workshop!

Decent run last night, rest day today and Spanish pork with clams (without clams) for dinner. yumyumyummyyum.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    I have a Microsoft surface book which not only has whatever the latest windows is, it also turns into a tablet which inexplicably changes the layout of absolutely everything. Why can't I just use the tablet with a normal start menu and desktop?!
  • My surface is pretty good and I do like it, however my gopro kills it and buying a mac is pointless as all our work systems are windows.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    This is good for the mapping software I use for work, glad I got the surface book rather than the surface pro like my colleague as I like the proper keyboard for working at home, plus the extra battery and graphics card. I only really use it in tablet mode for writing swear words all over pdfs when I'm on site. Very handy.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    tartare objective met, currently swigging vin de eurostar at 228kph according to the screen, productive day, decided we need to reconvene in paris next week, hic
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    sungod wrote:
    tartare objective met, currently swigging vin de eurostar at 228kph according to the screen, productive day, decided we need to reconvene in paris next week, hic

Attention! Lopsided house? What do you make of it? And that Eurostar quiche....mon dieu

I clocked the TGV at 295km/h last week. Why can't we have this (on existing lines not ripping up half the country?) S'ok I know an answer...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    Funny that. We bought a Dell laptop. Still finding our way around.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Big Harv wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Attention! Lopsided house? What do you make of it? And that Eurostar quiche....mon dieu

I clocked the TGV at 295km/h last week. Why can't we have this (on existing lines not ripping up half the country?) S'ok I know an answer...

This is the same country that made a load of new trains, rolled them out then realised they are too wide for some of the stations...