tuesday designing a death ray

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, webex with gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, try not to scoff at punter's lack of coordination, goes to show such foolishness is no barrier to punters raking in the billions, then head off to paris as it's as good a place for a meeting as anywhere else and i fancied pastis and a nice tartare or two
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Similar day bar I’m going to Venice - well the Venice of the midlands :(

Later is a sports massage to fix the leg niggles
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a trip to hospital this morning again, I hope they are running on time I really hate waiting for appointment,s, besides that I need to call at b and q for some emulsion yes it’s painting time again.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Morning workers and shirkers,

Hopefully another peacefulnday in the office despite the top brass being back. Need to spend a bit of time doing research on new places for my old dear to be looked after as the social services have said she needs a nursing home rather than just a care home. Here we go again....

Apart from that I'll be taking a peek at the snow reports for the Alps.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 'g, clones packed off to school, considering getting dressed and cycling into work. Important things to avoid.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Woke up early so rode a longer, more pleasant way to work.
    Lots of stuff to do but don't know where to start, so putting it all off.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Here you go: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46780856
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Same, except I'm looking at the Brenta Dolomites.

Dryish January is going well so far, managed a run and a night off the gin last night. Still felt tired this morning though.

Run tonight and hopefully a "site visit" later this week which may or may not involve a two wheeled thing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Lovely day outside, stuck in the office. Heading off early to buy a new suit for a meeting on Thursday, then hopefully night ride later on. Currently extremely busy with creating Garmin workouts which match the intervals in the training plan. I know I'll do it twice and give up on my dreams of not being slow and fat but it passes the time while I'm meant to be working...

Need to order some snow chains for the alps at the end of the month too
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, similar day to SG, Cafe, well I'm having Coffee, then Webex then trip to foreign lands (Silverstone) to meet with some semi impotent people who thing their semi important where they are showing off some new telemetry gadget.
    Last time they did this is poured down with rain an they closed the track, I can but pray for some meteorological disaster.
    Or maybe they have build a death ray, apparently it uses lasers so, never know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I could use a decent death ray weapon occasionally. Day 2 back at work, and almost normal levels of stupid are back on display at the office. Took a break mid afternoon for a quick ride round the headland, then another nice long walk this evening to sit and stare at the view.

46661287351_94d78b065c_k.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Morning
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lucky I'm off to France then...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    hopefully a "site visit" later this week which may or may not involve a two wheeled thing.
    I had one of those planned for tomorrow morning but it's been cancelled because they're pulling the place down.
  • Stevo_666
    I could use a decent death ray weapon occasionally. Day 2 back at work, and almost normal levels of stupid are back on display at the office. Took a break mid afternoon for a quick ride round the headland, then another nice long walk this evening to sit and stare at the view.

46661287351_94d78b065c_k.jpg
    Get a job as a photographer...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    edited January 2019
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Lucky I'm off to France then...
    Unlike Brexiteers, weather doesn't care about borders. :lol:
    Mate was in Cervinia over new year, transfer back to the airport took over 10 hours due to heavy snow. Not too far from Mont Blanc.
    Busy day here again, pleasant wobble in earlier. Slightly irritated this morning when I went to open the garage. I normally put my bash hat on top of the wheelie bin whilst I open the door. Our rubbish was still there but the bin wasn't, pretty sure that's the wrong way round. Some fukcer had taken the two bags of rubbish out of the bin and pinched the bin.
    Forgot to say, give me a shout if you want a hand the death ray.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Our rubbish was still there but the bin wasn't, pretty sure that's the wrong way round. Some fukcer had taken the two bags of rubbish out of the bin and pinched the bin.
    I would have bin wheelie irritated by that.

Where's my coat?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I normally put my bash hat on top of the wheelie bin whilst I open the door. Our rubbish was still there but the bin wasn't, pretty sure that's the wrong way round. Some fukcer had taken the two bags of rubbish out of the bin and pinched the bin.
    So the wheelie bin is a leaver and the trash is a remainer? :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    clearly the leaver is the thief and v68 is the remainer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    We know the second bit is true but you are assuming the first part...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Maybe the leaver needed the bin to get to France?

Telemetry demo was, amusing shall we say. No death rays unfortunately. May knock off early as I really cant be bothered to do anymore work.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Who needs facts, blind ignorance and prejudice is the way.
  • hopefully a "site visit" later this week which may or may not involve a two wheeled thing.
    I had one of those planned for tomorrow morning but it's been cancelled because they're pulling the place down.

Site meeting put back one week, I just hope the weather holds and I can get a nice Lakes based ride in at the same time.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I was looking at taking the kids skiing. Saw prices in/around half term. :shock:

Now I am not taking the kids skiing. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Who needs facts, blind ignorance and prejudice is the way.
    Works OK in Bottom Bracket.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was looking at taking the kids skiing. Saw prices in/around half term. :shock:

Now I am not taking the kids skiing. :roll:
    Its like standing at the top of a mountain and chucking £20 notes down it. I've always told my two how crap and cold skiing is so I can go with my mates out of season.
  • hopkinb
    They both really want to go, especially the boy. I've asked if my aunt and uncle's place at Levi in Lapland is available. Flights are still expensive, but we can self cater, and just cough up for passes, lessons and equipment. There's more than enough skiing for beginners, and the snow never melts, so is excellent quality.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    still packing. Just found The Big Knife. may carry on packing or may give up for the night.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    They both really want to go, especially the boy. I've asked if my aunt and uncle's place at Levi in Lapland is available. Flights are still expensive, but we can self cater, and just cough up for passes, lessons and equipment. There's more than enough skiing for beginners, and the snow never melts, so is excellent quality.
    Fair play if they're keen. It's a good hobby to have for when they can fund themselves. If I want to persuade Stropteen to go in future I may casually mention that boys often outnumber girls in ski resorts.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Step83 wrote:
    Telemetry demo was, amusing shall we say.

Was it being beamed magically to your iphone like wot Vtech could do?

I was too busy to post today, so I didn't bother.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Tamsin Greig. Lovely.
  • still packing. Just found The Big Knife. may carry on packing or may give up for the night.
    The last time I packed a knife was on the DHL pre-Brexit family tour. Kept it in my (G)Day-pack for cheese, baguettes, street vendors etc but it got confiscated by the Gendarmes at the Eiffel Tower. B'stards...
  • Stevo_666
    still packing. Just found The Big Knife. may carry on packing or may give up for the night.
    The last time I packed a knife was on the DHL pre-Brexit family tour. Kept it in my (G)Day-pack for cheese, baguettes, street vendors etc but it got confiscated by the Gendarmes at the Eiffel Tower. B'stards...
    If you have dark hair and a beard then you're lucky that's all they did...