Does TrainingPeaks or XERT or GoldenCheetah allow live workouts from Ant+ smart trainer

I am wondering if these analysis tools actually allow live workouts specifically from Ant+ or bluetooth smart trainers? Do they display graphics or video on screen like trainerroad. do they allow multiple riders in one workout? In short are they more than just analysis tools that you upload to after an event? thanks for the advice.

Comments

• joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Not used it but I took 10 seconds to find a video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGAifnuks2M
  • joey54321 wrote:
    Not used it but I took 10 seconds to find a video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGAifnuks2M

your search skills are better than mine! thank you
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I am wondering if these analysis tools actually allow live workouts specifically from Ant+ or bluetooth smart trainers? Do they display graphics or video on screen like trainerroad. do they allow multiple riders in one workout? In short are they more than just analysis tools that you upload to after an event? thanks for the advice.

Golden Cheetah: Train mode will play mp4 format video files and mrc/erg files for the workout numbers.
    It displays varied training parmeters
    It is single user mode only no multiple riders/no streaming video

The interface can be a very grippy to setup so that you can use it.
    Whereas Zwift can get itself going pretty much instantly, once loaded, train mode can have you faffing about for 10 minutes.
    It is free. It looks outdated , which it is.
    New GC is yet to be released.
  • EBEB
    EBEB Posts: 98
    Does Golden Cheetah allow videos again? I thought they’d removed as the person involved had gone. I’ve used it with ANT+ F-EC. It has been updated since though. Don’t know about Bluetooth control. There is a forum to ask though. I currently have the beta for analysis as it synchronises with Strava & is more powerful than any of the paid alternatives, if less intuitative. If you can use videos that would be great. Maybe I’m thinking of the google street view function.
  • What are you looking to do? Wahoo Fitness App is free and allows you to control smart trainer. Are you looking to load/run .ERG files? Also Tacx or one of the other vendors has what looks like a nice app that works with all trainers like the Wahoo Fitness App does.