Can't download Zwift (IT restriction)

david7m
david7m Posts: 636
Hello

Made the leap to a smart trainer, just tried to download Zwift for the free trial and it's not allowed :evil: We've got a personal desktop but dont want to be moving that about every time I fancy a blast.

What other options are available?

Dave

EDIT: options for cycling indoors :)

Comments

• joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    david7m wrote:
    Hello

Made the leap to a smart trainer, just tried to download Zwift for the free trial and it's not allowed :evil: We've got a personal desktop but dont want to be moving that about every time I fancy a blast.

What other options are available?

Riding outside
  • david7m
    Lol
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Why is it not allowed?
    Is it your device or your employers?
    If it's the latter then I doubt you'd be able to download any other indoor training software either.
    Options?
    Buy a Laptop
    Buy an iPad/Tablet
    Train indoors the old fashioned way.
    Ride outside.
  • david7m
    It's the works machine.
    Guess my question really was are there any training programmes that use a good old fashioned web page :)
    Outdoor cycling is still my preference, but can't see it happening much till the spring.
    Dave
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Ask your it person nicely? Some of us are quite accomodating....
  • david7m
    Already tried :)
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 737
    Run it on your phone?
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • david7m
    Not available on android, should have an old iphone somewhere which I did consider but need to think how to get on to monitor. Screenshare an option in lounge but can't see that being well received ;)
    Dave
  • chaymck
    chaymck Posts: 157
    It is available on android, I'm running it, unless the beta is full....
  • david7m
    Typical. Must be full as it says "Zwift works on Windows PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV. Grab your supported device and go to zwift.com/download or the App Store to install Zwift and start riding." :(
    Dave
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    This is the zwift android app link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .zwiftgame
  • david7m
    TimothyW wrote:

Awesome! I was looking on zwift site :(
    Dave
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    if you did want to go for a pc then i managed to pick up a desktop on ebay that runs it perfectly for about £80.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • TimothyW wrote:

Thanks - will see if I can get this to work with an OTG cable and ANT+ dongle. Might get me back on Zwift while I am temporarily shunted to the shed for any turbo possibilities.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Check Android supported devices though... a short list.
  • JGSI wrote:

It was not supported on my main phone, but is offering to install it onto my Jelly Pro android phone which I was surprised about. Not much of a screen, but can see whether it works!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    JGSI wrote:

It was not supported on my main phone, but is offering to install it onto my Jelly Pro android phone which I was surprised about. Not much of a screen, but can see whether it works!

i have that - it works... barely not really usable. also ant+ is not supported it only uses bluetooth.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes