LEAVE the Conservative Party and save your country!

robert88
robert88 Posts: 2,696
edited October 2019 in The cake stop
It's a bit late now, but..
rjsterry wrote:
Do we all need to become Conservative party members so that we can make sure he[Boris Johnson] doesn't get in?

Yes, the sooner the better because you have to be a member 3 months before the voting ends.

It's £2.09 a month so it could cost under a tenner. :wink:

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    What a great idea :)

But you don't all need to rush to join me quite yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    This Tory administration stumbles from one farce to another. They really don't have a clue where they are going, now May has fled the country to waste yet more time pursuing some different form of words when whatever she comes back with will still be a car crash of a deal which has no realistic chance of getting through the house anyway. How anyone can support this I don't know, if Corbyn isn't your thing well there are alternatives but voting Tory now for anyone that actually cares about our nation amounts to self harm.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • The trouble is who can you vote for if the prospect of Corbyn isn't your thing?

There's no credible ideas about Brexit from any politician. I don't think there's any solution to Brexit that will get through other than a vote on not going out on a no deal basis. That's the only resolution that could get through. Although the opportunism of labour right now I worry such a voting option might just tempt them to try and unseat the tories by voting for hard / no deal Brexit.

Brexit was always going to be a Charlie Foxtrot.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Are we all glad that we helped write article 50 to make it almost impossible for any member to leave under anything other than hard Brexit. Stellar bit of foresight from Lord Kerr of Kinlockard to make it as hard as possible for the primary leave nation in 2003. Anyone would think he might have had a plan to stop us all along.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    john80 wrote:
    Are we all glad that we helped write article 50 to make it almost impossible for any member to leave under anything other than hard Brexit. Stellar bit of foresight from Lord Kerr of Kinlockard to make it as hard as possible for the primary leave nation in 2003. Anyone would think he might have had a plan to stop us all along.

I think he didn't give it that much thought. He knew that nobody would be as imbecilic as to actually invoke it so why waste time on making it functional?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Just dusting this off as we have to serve 3 months before we can vote. As a resident of Epsom I get to meet Chris “the legend” Grayling and ask councillors why they borrowed £300,000,000 to gamble on commercial property.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    The revolution starts...somewhere. My "representative" is Airhead Leadsom. How many like mindeds would it take to engineer a putsch? Hmmm, to be continued. See what you started Toryboy666?
  • orraloon wrote:
    The revolution starts...somewhere. My "representative" is Airhead Leadsom. How many like mindeds would it take to engineer a putsch? Hmmm, to be continued. See what you started Toryboy666?

Makes far more sense than voting in a General Election.

Maybe as low as 50,000 new entrants could be enough a moderate to be our new PM
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    As mentioned above, pay your £25 and join up. A few hundred thousand leftie suckers, (sorry, new members) will help fund a good GE campaign. At least the Tories have pitched it at a respectable price rather than the £3 I paid to vote Jezza in. I suppose Labour had to make it vaguely affordable for their core supporters :)

So will you be joining up Looney, or are you too tight to pay the necessary to help decide the future of our country? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    john80 wrote:

You seem fixated on this, have you not considered the flip side...any treaty or agreement that can be ducked out of fairly easily doesn't have any real value. Besides as has been pointed out before, it was written in the expectation that they wouldn't ever find anyone dumb enough to try it out...and then UKIP and it's supporters crawled out of the sewers.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    As mentioned above, pay your £25 and join up. A few hundred thousand leftie suckers, (sorry, new members) will help fund a good GE campaign. At least the Tories have pitched it at a respectable price rather than the £3 I paid to vote Jezza in. I suppose Labour had to make it vaguely affordable for their core supporters :)

So will you be joining up Looney, or are you too tight to pay the necessary to help decide the future of our country? :wink:
    I'm in comrade, the revolution has started.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I'm in comrade, the revolution has started.
    Good stuff. Your country needs you :)

Roll up folks...
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-plan

By the looks of it, the members would choose a hard brexiter if they could
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Stevo_666
    Jez mon wrote:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/04/most-tory-members-would-choose-no-deal-over-may-brexit-plan

So you need to follow Orraloon's example and join up to swing the vote - you probably only need another 50,000 members which is less than the number that joined Labour to vote Jezza in. As mentioned above, surely £25 is a small price to pay in this situation?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    You supporting these f@cking idiots, having given money and votes to Corbyn is not a great look Stevo.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/04/most-tory-members-would-choose-no-deal-over-may-brexit-plan

So you need to follow Orraloon's example and join up to swing the vote - you probably only need another 50,000 members which is less than the number that joined Labour to vote Jezza in. As mentioned above, surely £25 is a small price to pay in this situation?

It's interesting to note that I've seen headlines suggesting tory voters broadly support the deal...

Interesting to note the gap between the ordinary person who votes every election and the type of person who joins a party.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Stevo_666
    Jez mon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

It's interesting to note that I've seen headlines suggesting tory voters broadly support the deal...

Interesting to note the gap between the ordinary person who votes every election and the type of person who joins a party.
    Similar to Labour really.
  • Stevo_666
    You supporting these f@cking idiots, having given money and votes to Corbyn is not a great look Stevo.
    As made clear in the first post of my long running thread - well spotted :wink:

Beats supporting losers I suppose.
  • rick_chasey
    With Corbyn and this crop of Tories we’re all losers, mate.
  • Stevo_666
    With Corbyn and this crop of Tories we’re all losers, mate.
    Speak for yourself, everybody's circumstances are different.
  • rick_chasey
    If you were on the titanic you’d be grabbing random kids and dressing up as a woman to get off the boat.
  • Do you get free gammon with every membership?
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo “I’m alright Jack” 666.
  • I have to say I'm considering this. With a local MP who was a non-dom, resigned from the party, lost a by-election, does not represent his constituents at all on the most important issue in the country, yet was then reselected by the local Conservative party - makes sense to try and get a decent person in place for local representation as well as national.

At the moment, I'd probably consider voting Tory with any other candidate to keep Stevo's man out of no.10.
  • I guess the difference would be that this would be to try and get someone who you prefer in, rather than voting to for someone that you think would destroy the country if they got in. That still strikes me as perverse logic.
  • Stevo_666
    I see the bitter centre leftie generalisations are still alive and kicking. Good to see there's no hint of resentment or jealousy of others :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Do you get free gammon with every membership?
    Nearly everyone likes bacon so that could be a good idea to increase membership.
  • Stevo_666
    I guess the difference would be that this would be to try and get someone who you prefer in, rather than voting to for someone that you think would destroy the country if they got in. That still strikes me as perverse logic.
    We are both trying to help in our own ways - as I explained a few times, my reason was to keep the Labour party out of power for the good of the country's interests - and mine (IMHO). And so far, it's worked.
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I see the bitter centre leftie generalisations are still alive and kicking. Good to see there's no hint of resentment or jealousy of others :wink:

What do I have to be resentful of?

I can think beyond my lot. Ya know, empathy? That thing toddlers learn?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What do I have to be resentful of?

I can think beyond my lot. Ya know, empathy? That thing toddlers learn?
    It's implied in your little dig above.

No need to lecture me on empathy, thanks.