GoPro 7 Black with HyperSmooth - Game Changer for mtb?!?

dmcd38
dmcd38 Posts: 34
edited January 2019 in MTB general
Hey guys,

Got the new GoPro 7 Black!!
In my opinion its a bit better than the 6, but only because of the firmware and i think it also makes a bit more crop on the image.

Colors seams better yes, but again, because of firmware as it uses the same processor and sensor as the 6.

whats your opinion? way better or just a bit better??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfJxT3zxDyk

Comments

• Seen it on fb and it looks interesting. Have they allowed remote microphone connectivity yet ie Bluetooth? On the older ones I had to buy an add on whi h takes the place of the extended battery so not ideal. I won't buy another gopro until I can connect wireless mic
  • Hi, my opinion is that if you are own a GP3, buying the 7 is a good evolution.

If you own a 6 black it doesn't worth.
    For me it is the right moment to buy the GP6 black because price will decrease now.

Only really few details for me for the GP7 in comparison to the GP6.

It's like for DJI drones mavic pro and Mavic 2, when you upload on stream platforms, differences are nearly impossible to see.
    When the GP will have for example 25 Million pixel, and 4k 240 fps, quality will be a hudge difference.

Nice ride in the end !! really nice place ! Loved it !
  • bongofish
    bongofish Posts: 123
    Hi, my opinion is that if you are own a GP3, buying the 7 is a good evolution.

If you own a 6 black it doesn't worth.
    For me it is the right moment to buy the GP6 black because price will decrease now.

Only really few details for me for the GP7 in comparison to the GP6.

It's like for DJI drones mavic pro and Mavic 2, when you upload on stream platforms, differences are nearly impossible to see.
    When the GP will have for example 25 Million pixel, and 4k 240 fps, quality will be a hudge difference.

Nice ride in the end !! really nice place ! Loved it !

You couldn’t be anymore wrong (no offence). The GoPro hero 7 is a MASSIVE game changer. As soon as I bought the hero 6 I had to spend another £250 on a gimble so the footage was smooth. Now with my hero 7 I just use the hero 7 and my chest mount and it looks great. It’s made filming so much more enjoyable and light. If your not bothered about your action video looking professional than in terms of actual pixels an quality theirs not much difference. But if you want to upload to YouTube where even 12 year old kids are running gimbles or the hero 7 black than you really need this. Nobody enjoys watching someone fly down a trial and the camera is bouncing all over, instantly click off.

For me and everyone I know who has it, the GoPro Jero 7 Black is an absolute game changer and does give you 90% of the smoothness of a gimble and for me that’s enough to not use an actual gimble.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    use a 7 black with chin mount and it works superb.