Strange Di2 shifting issue - got me stumped

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited December 2018 in Workshop
Has anyone come across the following problem and if so how did you overcome it?

I have 6870 Di2 on my bike which till now has worked brilliantly (apart from a battery dying which was replaced under warranty).

The bike has been on my turbo for the past 2 months and it’s worked fine although I haven’t ridden it for 2 weeks as I have been riding my hack bike.

I threw some wheels on it for a quick ride today and instantly there was an issue, to shift the rear mech I have to click either of the shifters twice to shift up on down? It’s almost like the first click wakes the system up and the second actually shifts the mech.

I have checked the cables are connected properly and the battery is charged which are all fine, so I am stumped.

I have searched online but all I can find is about synchro shift or micro adjust??

Help!
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    are you sure you haven't bent the mech hanger? Easily done especially putting it in / out of a traditional style Turbo.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    It’s a direct drive turbo so it’s just like changing a wheel, I’ve been told it may be a faulty battery, will swap out mine and see if that sorts it.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!