Dropper post for Cube Hardtail

krel
krel Posts: 25
edited January 2019 in MTB general
A few month ago i bought a Cube LTD SL and im really wanting to fit a dropper post, i have a reverb stealth on my other bike and its really handy for me as im a bilateral amputee, ideally id like a stealth routed post but im not sure if it can be done on the cube ?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    You may have trouble finding something as the Cube has a 27.2mm seat post.
    Brand-X do a 105mm drop post.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • krel
    Yeah ive noticed that with the seat tube being 27.2mm not many dropper posts will fit, i think ill have ti get an externally routed post by the looks of it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Does your frame even have the holes for stealth routing?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • krel
    Not specifically for a dropper post no
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    krel wrote:
    Not specifically for a dropper post no

I would advise you not to drill holes in your frame. If the bike frame is still under warranty, then you will lose that for certain. If the bike is outside warranty then you have nothing to lose, except maybe the frame itself! Holes, even round ones, weaken the frame and act as a stress concentrater. If the hole is meant to be there, then it will have been designed in from the start. The placing and size of the hole will be safe, either because the material has been thickened there, or it is in a place of reduced stress on the frame.

Aeroplanes have fallen from the sky because of holes in the wrong place! :shock:
  • steve_sordy
    edited December 2018
    deleted duplicate post
  • steve_sordy
    edited December 2018
    deleted duplicate post

No idea how I managed to triplicate a post! :oops:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Phew point taken...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • steve_sordy
    cooldad wrote:
    Phew point taken...

:D :shock: :oops:
  • krel
    Yeah im definitely not going to drill the frame ! I guess an extra cable routed down the frame isnt all that bad really.