sunday it's just a shot away

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, but it's all so gloomy out, started daydeaming about a revolution* somewhere sunny doing stuff for gmc's punters in the business

* keeps the tourists away, and you get a better class of drunk in the bars
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Morning from the land of pastries. Starting to long for British grey skies, mist and drizzle. Market day today which means a long lunch with some expat Scots we know. Have a good Sunday all!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

It's grey here but it's still dark so can't tell if a storm is threatening. Too dark to go riding without lights anyway - fancy lezyne one packed up the other day.

Shortish ride planned planned today, but not planned where yet. Probably trying out some cafes later while getting earache about yesterday's outing.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    grey and raining. weights sesh then out to TDV's in laws for lunch
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    If I don't get some Lemsip, oooh I'm going to fade away.
    More moping for me. I might head to the doctors if there's no improvement. Hardly any of the Christmas booze has been drunk.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    4 hrs kip may be too little, but had a giggle at the party. Need to get home at some point as we have got friends over.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    We have LED's that light things up and batteries that last now Oxo.

SG - you won the caption comp. Get yer 4rse out of a Pineapple tin* and over there.

*Metaphorically speaking. I was never suggesting that you would buy tinned pineapples, heaven forbid.

Today is like wot Harv wants and believe me Harv, it's over rated but I would be happy to house swap for a few months. However, the cat will have to interview you first.
    I will be twiddling with old bangers today.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    just dropped a full bottle of balswmic vinegar all over the kitchen floor. bugger.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    just dropped a full bottle of balswmic vinegar all over the kitchen floor. bugger.
    ...and over an electronic message sending facility too?!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    another murky day, soggy roads south of the river too, i suppose i deserve it for going there, low cloud is even obscuring the pineapple on top of the shard

contemplating a slice of tortilla with a side of chorizo and some chilli sauce
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Pinno, I was thinking they might be a bit more reliable for thistle after his fancy lezyne light.
    Might be more reliable but didn't seem to come with a flat cap so no deal for me.
    Sending the lezyne back, it's only 3 months old. I blame wiggle.

Today's ride was successful: tried to sideways bunny hop up a kerb and some holes have appeared in my knee and ended up with 2 smaller mech hangers. All less than a mile from home :lol:
  • Afternoon all.
    Nowt doing. Might do some cooking in a minute as the day seems to have whizzed by doing stuff at home.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

new woolly moccasin slippers. Edwyn's finest. gutted.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Xmas tat down and back in loft. Less in loft than came down as some went in the bin.
    Result.
  • Pinno wrote:

Was it your kitchen floor?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Currently sat waiting in the arrivals area of Gatwick’s North terminal. Lots of armed police around, rather more than usual. No sign of anyone operating a flying remote control device though so not sure what they think they are going to find.
    Managed to get out for a short ride before coming out, the zombie apocalypse has started and they are wandering around Richmond Park, some even have zombie dogs. The roads seemed to be having a Rapha event, then I remembered it’s always like that.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Xmas tat down and back in loft. Less in loft than came down as some went in the bin.
    Result.
    Erm, you do know about the twelve days of Christmas and twelfth night, the latter being 5th January (or 6th if you are made that way)? Or are you one those muppets who decorate their houses, their gardens, their neighbours etc with flashing illuminated keech from mid November, then bin it all as soon as December 25th is a memory?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    No lights or decs outside. If you want to decorate your home with tat for a fortnite, crack on. Not for me though.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    orraloon wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Result.
    Erm, you do know about the twelve days of Christmas and twelfth night, the latter being 5th January (or 6th if you are made that way)? Or are you one those muppets who decorate their houses, their gardens, their neighbours etc with flashing illuminated keech from mid November, then bin it all as soon as December 25th is a memory?

my neighbour took theirs down yesterday, which surprised me as they had aload outside been up since start of December, but even if you dont do the twelth night thing, 6th is Epiphany or Kings day which is how you work it out :) surely youd keep them going till gone New Years at least.

they are the only thing keeping the gloomy grey cold damp looking place marginally more cheerful,so I see no reason to rush towards making it more gloomy grey cold and damp any sooner
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The roads seemed to be having a Rapha event, then I remembered it’s always like that.
    They do a festive 500km challenge thing on Strava which a load of people convinced me to join them on, then they all seem to have sacked it off (or maybe they're planning 300km rides tomorrow).
    Rapha livery was optional though - I don't have any of the stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Evening All,

Long drive back down South; now plotting tomorrows escapade which involves heading part of the way back the way I just came for a visit to Cambridge. Stropteen is getting shown round a college up there so I'm going to amuse myself by dropping by the car dealer for a coffee and to get a few bits 'n' pieces sorted in advance of the new car turning up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    just got drunk with the people who i hope adopted me when i was young.

walked dog 3 miles home.

now having gin and tonic and curry pot noodle.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

yup. limestone slabs, so porous as phuck.

my kitchen now smells like like a sh4t brothel.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pinno wrote:

Ah, commiserations. Take the slippers back, the law says they should be BV proof.
    And brothels doing sh4t should be able to charge more, right?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Ah, commiserations. Take the slippers back, the law says they should be BV proof.
    And brothels doing sh4t should be able to charge more, right?

nah - you don't mess with Edwyn on returns. I'll just say that they are free range moccassins.

agreed, but as trump has found out, poo poo wee wee can come back to bite you....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I just had a massive Tanqueray Seville orange gin with a tiny bit of tonic. It's lovely. I must be on the mend. I think I'll leave it there though.
  • pinno
    Today's ride was successful: tried to sideways bunny hop up a kerb and some holes have appeared in my knee and ended up with 2 smaller mech hangers. All less than a mile from home :lol:

Ouch. It's a bugger that.
  • Matthewfalle
    [quote="thistle (MBNW)"

Today's ride was successful: tried to sideways bunny hop up a kerb and some holes have appeared in my knee and ended up with 2 smaller mech hangers. All less than a mile from home :lol:[/quote]

just lock yourself in a room with The Trilogy and w4nk yourself to bits until your knee is better.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.