Boardman SLR titanium 9.2

nachetetm
nachetetm Posts: 41
edited December 2018 in Road buying advice
I recently noticed that this model is selling quite affordably; seems that they are clearing stock. Owning a titanium frame is an itch I would like to scratch, and this model seems like a good introduction to both titanium and disc brakes. However, I have some doubts about the frame, as it seems quite heavy (around 1.8 kgs) and from unknown origin. Being that heavy, I can't stop thinking that it may be a low quality frame, probably from asian origin. I definitely prefer something welded in europe or north america.

Does anyone has first hand info regarding this frame/model? I would appreciate some info, as reviews are scarce.

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    nachetetm wrote:
    I recently noticed that this model is selling quite affordably; seems that they are clearing stock. Owning a titanium frame is an itch I would like to scratch, and this model seems like a good introduction to both titanium and disc brakes. However, I have some doubts about the frame, as it seems quite heavy (around 1.8 kgs) and from unknown origin. Being that heavy, I can't stop thinking that it may be a low quality frame, probably from asian origin. I definitely prefer something welded in europe or north america.

Does anyone has first hand info regarding this frame/model? I would appreciate some info, as reviews are scarce.

Can I ask where they are selling these?
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    They were on sale at Cycle Republic as I looked into it also. But didn’t have my size. Not on the site anymore so must have all gone.