saturday may it grant unto the ka of osiris ani to behold the disk of the sun

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a smidge hung over, ride, coffee and some form of restorative pastry is in order, followed by slumping until stilton time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Slow ish start due to excess yesterday, hound enjoyed a walk and now get ready for the parkrun. Later is cycling through alsager up a hill and then onto congleton for a party
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry but very windy at the moment , cycling later then another night out don’t you wish you were 20 years younger at times
    Have a good weekend
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    tired so doing nothing but feeling guilty for doing nothing. should do something.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    By some miracle I survived the night. Sweating stopped in the early hours. I didn't spontaneously combust.

Wish I was well enough to ride my bike. Instead I foresee heavy duty moping and malingering. Coughing will also play a part.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Going to check the old dear’s place hasn’t burnt down over the break as I’m picking her up tomorrow. Might ride over as I have been supremely lazy lately. Good day to ride with Hopper if he can’t breathe or pedal, I might even be able to keep up.
    Out with friends later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    unrelenting gloomygrey skies continue, started getting a bit windy too

large slab of lemon drizzle cake has helped recovery
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Serenity rules, after the family visitors left. Lovely to see them as always, but by crikey it's nice to drop them at the airport and wave :D

Bonus: we've had some lovely days. This was on the way home from said airport... I got to sit and enjoy the sunrise on a beach literally 7 miles long, which was.... empty.

44694447840_ec7759a021_k.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    very grey here, not much occuring going through old CDs to get rid of an make space for something.

No pedal today didnt sleep overly well so shall try for tomorrow
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    My alarm clock was the sun coming up :) Been having some fun with saws and bolt croppers doing some branch pruning to stop the little bleeders from poking through the fence and breaking it.

Now at the care home having odd and circular conversations until lunch time arrives. More garden tidying later. Plus some footy based entertainment if time allows.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Lazarus-esque recovery sees me forced into attending lunch with friends round the corner from V68. Pizzas and craft beer, though I'm going to have a restorative Guinness.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Nice gentle pootle out with the missus, calm and mild weather though wind did start to pick up but we were only 5km from home by then. First ride since before Christmas. Where did that pot belly come from? Oh, yeah.
  • Matthewfalle
    just been for Tex Mex and beer.

lush.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Ride cancelled as I stupidly said would you like me to come with you in the car - so now bored in a pub as the wife enjoys the ale on our detour
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ride cancelled as I stupidly said would you like me to come with you in the car - so now bored in a pub as the wife enjoys the ale on our detour

just go and have a whank in the toilets to pass the time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Some crim baxxard has just hacked my credit card. Fortunately my finl institution's systems flagged as suspicious and I got a text alert. All stopped, card killed, no loss, good service from the fraud team.

First time I have had that happen. Has left my feeling a little jangly. Time for a stiff drink I think.
  • TLW1 wrote:

Sounds more serious than that, MF. TLW is in a pub and bored ?!?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Long walk done with the last of the mince pies as fuel. I combined it with a history lecture because I know Mrs BBGeek enjoys a history lecture halfway up a hill. Lucky lass.
    Had some leftover curry when we got home. I think my house has more port than required, so I might have to let some go.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:

now you mention it i think you may be onto something. i am not sure we like this parallel universe.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

now you mention it i think you may be onto something. i am not sure we like this parallel universe.....
    Balance is restored - drinking like a fish again
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Lazarus-esque recovery sees me forced into attending lunch with friends round the corner from V68. Pizzas and craft beer, though I'm going to have a restorative Guinness.
    You narrowly avoided the lad then, he was working from 4. Just heading over there myself now. You should have tried the white stout, very good if a little confusing. Smells like stout, tastes like stout. Looks like lager.
  • hopkinb
    I thought that's where he worked. The pizzas are pretty good. I was feeling too grotty to explore the beers, despite catching the bus there.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    unrelenting gloomygrey skies continue, started getting a bit windy too

large slab of lemon drizzle cake has helped recovery
    Weather was lovely here today 8) Went for a very sedate bike ride around liverpoolshire and came back with no missing wheels.
    Found some good cakes along the way too.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I thought that's where he worked. The pizzas are pretty good. I was feeling too grotty to explore the beers, despite catching the bus there.
    When you feel human again bring your wheel over, we can fix the spoke then sample beer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    When you feel human again bring your wheel over, we can fix the spoke then sample beer.
    The League of Surbiton Gentlemen :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    On my way :)
  • After
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    After
    I’ve finished drinking here

I maybe some time, I’m in the mood
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    After
    I’ve finished drinking here

I maybe some time, I’m in the mood
    Feck p1Ssed
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    The more the merrier, quite literally of course.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    The more the merrier, quite literally of course.

i'm still in V's garage if you want to give me a shout when you arrive.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.