Crossmax pro ust

foo606
foo606 Posts: 113
edited December 2018 in MTB general
A little help is required here guys .I have bought some Crossmax pro wheels xd driver 27.5 .
But my high roller 2 tyres wont go anywhere near them .
They were previously installed on a pair of wtb 125 tr rims with a small persaussion they fitted ok .
Now do I actually need UST tyres as it seems the Maxxis are just too darn tight to get in the rim .
MAVIC Claw or a suggested good Ust tyre please Or it Lbs for a go at fitting .
Any help appreciated merry christmas guys .

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    They will go on with the right method, Maxxis tyres are not that bad for fitting.
    Drop of washing-up liquid diluted around the beads and rim will help.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • foo606
    Tried that they are deffinately not going on . .
  • Either get some park TL-5s or take them to a shop. They’ll get them on.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Not had any issue on my 26er wheels mavic en821 ust rims using maxxis minions on them without any problems at all.

I can put them on/off with just my hands.

they are tubeless ready tyres and not just folding ones?
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Make certain that the bead is fully into the well at the bottom before starting to ease the tyre over the rim at the top. It gives the tyre more room to conform.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    least you aren't trying to fit continental tyres, they are tight tyre beads.

only tyre i couldn't get on my mavic wheels broke tyre levers trying, I've have had a job on sorting that if ever got a puncture.
  • foo606
    No chance hot 85 per cent of the tyre on all in the centre channel lots of soapy water sprayed .Not a cat in hells chance so its off to the LBS see if they can help .Pedroes no effect need something longer and stronger .