Evans Cycles

123457»

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,521
    Interesting point.
    There was a bike shop (forget the name) in the basement of James Howells in Cardiff a couple of years back. Now that he owns HoF & Evans maybe they'll do the same again there.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Interesting point.
    There was a bike shop (forget the name) in the basement of James Howells in Cardiff a couple of years back. Now that he owns HoF & Evans maybe they'll do the same again there.

It was the Certini store. They then upped and left for Bristol, where they occupy a site near Ikea. It's a nice store - Specialized concept store and a Cananondale and Cube section.

You think he'll move Evans from the far end of Queen Street to the basement of Howells?
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    Certini originated in the Shire. They're my LBS and I've rarely come across a better shop.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,521
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    Gethinceri wrote:

You think he'll move Evans from the far end of Queen Street to the basement of Howells?

I don't really have the facts to go on, but there may be a greater footfall in Howells, depends on whether the service revenues demand workshop space and access that isn't available there.
    I find the Evans store to be well located and spacious enough, I spend more time browsing than buying though, and in fact more time waiting for staff than I can be arsed with.
  • can you still use BC discount here?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Saw an advertisement on Facebook this afternoon saying that Evans are honouring gift cards again which is good news https://www.evanscycles.com/help/gift-c ... d-vouchers
    You need to use them before the end of January though.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Just popped onto the Evans website to have a browse and noticed they no longer seem to offer any form of free delivery on web orders? Cheapest option seems to be £4.99 for 3-5 days delivery. Click and collect is still free, but thought they were considering the closure of quite a few stores so even this will offer reduced convenience for many I suspect.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Yes, no free postage :(
    Dave
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I just used a gift voucher (Christmas present) today, no problems at all. No mention of an expiry date on it. Converted it into a nice pair of bib shorts :)
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"