Feeling the Friday

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,145
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Drive, ride, cafe hopefully, drive home, laze around.
This festive 500 thing is hard work.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild weather , out on the bike soon, friends coming over to stay for a couple of days, should be fun
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    'ning

ride, extra brekkie, another bubbly lunch, great days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Nice walk with hound as eldest came too.

Run in a minute followed by either moving stones or wood and then Christmas Day part 390 as father in law is over
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, office and debate what time to slip away OH returns later, think she will be happy nothing caught fire etc.

Shall be spending the day looking at events to do next year and trying to work out just how I put on so much weight.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

just having coffee. very nice to be home - quiet, comfortable and The Hound padding around. All is as should be.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • scott_w1987
    scott_w1987 Posts: 316
    edited December 2018
    Another lovely day in Edinburgh, can't grumble with this weather for December! I was meant to do a fasted ride to burn off some excess. But I really can't be bothered... 1000TSS since last Friday, need a day off.

Sainsbury's shopping arrives at 12-1 then I need to do some much needed winter bike maintence before weekend riding and another week off work. New tyres, wheel bearings, BB, chain, cassette, brake pads, mech hanger and mudguard fiddling should keep me busy in the garage for hours and away from any food temptations!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fcken bedridden. This cold caught up with me properly last night. I went to bed at 7 and woke up 13 hours later. Sneezing and coughing, achy and shivering. Shyyte.
  • Matthewfalle
    Another lovely day in Edinburgh, can't grumble with this weather for December! I was meant to do a fastest ride to burn off some excess. But I really can't be bothered... 1000TSS since last Friday, need a day off.

Sainsbury's shopping arrives at 12-1 then I need to do some much needed winter bike maintence before weekend riding and another week off work. New tyres, wheel bearings, BB, chain, cassette, brake pads, mech hanger and mudguard fiddling should keep me busy in the garage for hours and away from any food temptations!

whats your fastest ride?
    whats 1000TSS?
    Why do you need to stay away from food?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,328
    No luck Hoppy. Hot Toddy's? Failing that, Napalm.
    Another lovely day in Edinburgh, can't grumble with this weather for December! I was meant to do a fastest ride to burn off some excess. But I really can't be bothered... 1000TSS since last Friday, need a day off.

Wot?! No mention of shirking, norks, drugs, lergy, hangovers or food?

Today will be taking Toots to early showing of 'Grinch'. Given Tinsel town's ability to mangle everything they touch, I am anticipating that it will be sh1t. If it is, good if it isn't - i'll snooze. Win/win.

It's drizzling a very smurry sort of slow drizzle. The sort of drizzle that would creep into your every pour and you wouldn't even notice and you will be wet through in no time.
    Slightly milder and the drizzle would be mixed with Midge's and then you would wish for death.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Got up un-naturally early and drove oop North. House was a bit nippy despite the heating being on time, now sorted and grabbing some food before jobs and care home visits etc. Will go for a run later on I reckon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    No luck Hoppy. Hot Toddy's? Failing that, Napalm.

Wot?! No mention of shirking, norks, drugs, lergy, hangovers or food?

methinks he is taking it all a bit too seriously.

#don'tbelievethehype

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Will go for a run later on I reckon.
    Don’t tell our Scottish friend.......
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's that then? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    I've spent a large part of the day fitting reversing sensors to Mrs Slog's car. Quite good fun actually, drilling holes in the bumper, threading the cables and then i fastened a feed to the reversing light so that they'd come on when needed.

Except that they didn't. And now niether did the reversing light :(

I spent the best part of an hour trying to find what I've done wrong and eventually tried the internet. It turns out there's only a reversing light on one side of this car, and I'd picked the wrong side. The lenses looked white/clear on both sides until you look through it to see that it's actually red and it turns out that this was a fog light. :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,328
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's that then? :)

He's got Carte blanche after what i called him yesterday.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!