Rapha pro bib shorts - sizing vs classic/brevet

barongreenback
barongreenback Posts: 229
edited December 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all - hope Santa brought you many cycling goodies.

Just checking out the Rapha sale and they have the Pro team bib shorts on offer. I have both classic and brevet shorts and I get on very well with these - Rapha seem to be one of the very few chamois my rear end tolerates. I am currently wearing Large although I'm 193cm/6'4" tall. Does anyone have a comparison point for these? Do I need to size up with the pro? I've never paid full price for Rapha shorts so if I can get a (slightly) more sensible price, I will try!

Thanks.

Comments

• You’re a large in pro team bibs. I’m just shy if 6”4, 78kg and that’s the size I go for. You might be tempted to go for the longer version being the height. But for me personally I find the leg gripper isn’t as good as in the original version of the bibs.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    I'm same height as you, 77kg. Large with long leg in the Pro Teams fit me well. Pactimo are better though!
  • Thanks both. My weight fluctuates around the 85-87kg mark so a bit larger than you racing snakes ;)

@Turbotommy I have both long and short versions. A pain for the tan lines ;)

@MrB123 will check out pactimo. The only other shirts that ever came close were a pair of Assos that I bought about 10 years ago.