wednesday walked upon the edge of no escape

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

not yet od'd on port, stilton, or chocs, will try after ride, appears to be less nippy, albeit with unrelenting gloomygrey skies and threat of abbadon's locusts, maybe an extra brekkie before lunch
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a good bit of fog at the moment, hopefully it will clear
    Market Rosen races later
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

cold. Gosport isn't very glam through the window so no real desire to go out there yet.

TDV wants to go to Gunwharf Quays for some shopping then theatre this afternoon. Sort of like family stuff.

Have to meet up with dull brother and sister in law and their annoying children. May get drunk and plan how to woo La Kensit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    edited December 2018
    Running this morning with the current wife followed by dropping my old chaps car and niece and nephew back = 30 miles of empty road ride :)

Then various pubs and friends
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited December 2018
    I suggest you get yourself to Market Rasen instead Dave.

Today slight cough. The rest of Clan Pinno (Scottish Division) have been coughing and spluttering for a week. I though I had escaped the lurgy but alas, seems to have taken a grip. I shall consume my weight in citrus fruits heavily laden with Vit C (although compromised by long haul transportation).

I have no idea what I/we are going to do today. Weather looks bearable. No wind. A slight glow coming from up there somewhere. Haven't worked out what it is.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Where's Hoppy - has he died through indulgence?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    No lergy here but a damn good lie in was had :) Bit of a walk with the dog then the joys of visiting a graveyard - woohoo.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    Pinno wrote:
    i told him the iv port drip was a bad idea, it's perfect with a proper vodka though
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Yep, there's still Vodka pouring through my veins and I feel fine (bar a touch of lergy). When it runs out, I think that's the point it will hit me.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Not foggy here but it was down by the coast, and cold.
    Bike needs cleaning, and there's lots of food that needs eating.

TLW don't count on the roads being empty, quite busy around here this morning (Even out in the sticks) but everyone seems to be jolly and friendly - probably still drunk.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed. Just had a freshly ground coffee, very nice. New grinder was one of the many gifts the Mrs got me. She got a bit carried away with internet shopping. Other exciting toys are the set of Japanese saws and some socks.
    Day of lounging seems to be in order.
    Pinno wrote:
    He did mention suffering from consumption, I think that’s the correct medical term.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sitting in a McDonalds car park in Leytonstone.

Dropping kids at m-i-l, then off to a pal's house for grub.

Cold is still very much in charge, so I've barely been able to indulge, let alone overindulge.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ... some socks.
    Best Christmas present. Fact. Cognac is a close second.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Yep, there's still Vodka pouring through my veins and I feel fine (bar a touch of lergy). When it runs out, I think that's the point it will hit me.
    Good man Pinno. I saw you tanned half a bottle yesterday. Vodka has an admirable singularity of purpose.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Good man Pinno. I saw you tanned half a bottle yesterday. Vodka has an admirable singularity of purpose.

It has and i'm still feeling good. Even did a bit of work in the garden.
    Lunch consisted of cold roast beast and shallot sandwiches. There's something about beef and onion.
    Once upon a time, I thought it was the work of the devil.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, I quiet one here as I'm nursing a hangover. My height of activity was a short dog walk a little while ago. Now firmly back on the sofa log burner burning logs and tablet in my hand.
    No alcohol mind, may have some hair of the dog later.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Bonjour a tous. Well I’ve learned a couple of things:

1- Christmas away (no matter how fabulous the surroundings) just ain’t the same;
    2-French tv (maligned by me) isn’t actually a total disaster. Today we had World Cup Cyclocross on l’Equipe channel. Bloody brill!

Anyhoo, I’m still plowing through the vin pays d’oc. All the best.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

I have just seen my mistake Pinno, the other mistake was betting, £60 down the drain, Jackie had a couple of £10 bets and won a few quid, she paid for the meals on the way home
    A good day out just the same
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    He did mention suffering from consumption, I think that’s the correct medical term.

he needs more PP and whanking then. its obvious he's not trying hard enough.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Evening all.
    Taking it easy again. No spanking in car parks for me until it warms up. Weatherwise and genitalia-wise.
    Watching utter blox on telly. Might have some more wine soon.
    For those not too keen on Xmas, cheer up, it will all be over soon.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    drinking cr4p red. bit bored really, tbh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • drinking cr4p red. bit bored really, tbh.
    Christmas, bit crap really, innit?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    edited December 2018
    drinking cr4p red. bit bored really, tbh.
    Christmas, bit crap really, innit?

agree totals. didn't want to humbug but it is a bit sh1t really.

millenial snowflakes gave me a lecture earlier. i was too bored to argue back.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

I have just seen my mistake Pinno, the other mistake was betting, £60 down the drain, Jackie had a couple of £10 bets and won a few quid, she paid for the meals on the way home
    A good day out just the same

I used to love the smaller events at Cheltenham, even if I didn't get a return.
  • Stevo_666
    millenial smowflakes gave me a lecture earlier. i was too bored to argue back.
    That's where a flame thrower comes in handy. Melts snowflakes real fast.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

i was told how the "the tiger who came to tea" was the arch evil of humanity because it was so sexist because the wife was at home and the husband at work and it was the husband's idea to go to the caff for sausages and chips for dinner.

fukkk off. its a children's book about a tiger that comes for tea and eats the family out of house and home and drinks all the husband's beer. the emphasis is on the tiger not the social and parenting demographics of who is at home looking after the child.

get a fukking grip. fukkking snowflakes. khunts, the lot of them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

i was told how the "the tiger who came to tea" was the arch evil of humanity because it was so sexist because the wife was at home and the husband at work and it was the husband's idea to go to the caff for sausages and chips for dinner.

fukkk off. its a children's book about a tiger that comes for tea and eats the family out of house and home and drinks all the husband's beer. the emphasis is on the tiger not the social and parenting demographics of who is at home looking after the child.

get a fukking grip. fukkking snowflakes. khunts, the lot of them.
    They're just bitter because they can't afford a house in London. Apparently they look like this:

BfkdJz9.jpg

Does it remind you of anyone?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    And... chill. First significant family wave dealt with, fed, beered, wined, watered some of them, party gamed, and off to bed, leaving me to chill out a bit by the stove and savour one of my finer beverages.

Daughter #2 (the cyclist) here with partner, son #1 also, the other twins' grandparents, with daughter #1 and husband due tomorrow. 'Tis enough to drive you to drink, so it is. Cheers.
  • orraloon wrote:
    And... chill. First significant family wave dealt with, fed, beered, wined, watered some of them, party gamed, and off to bed, leaving me to chill out a bit by the stove and savour one of my finer beverages.

Daughter #2 (the cyclist) here with partner, son #1 also, the other twins' grandparents, with daughter #1 and husband due tomorrow. 'Tis enough to drive you to drink, so it is. Cheers.
    Meh, sounds nice so do one.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • OK. Seen three films so far this season. Bond one was execrable. We enjoyed a “Bridge Too Far” because it’s always nice to see the South Staffordshire Regt cap badge on film. Now watching “Jaws”. I haven’t watched this in 25 years and it is so well made. They have redacted the smoking scenes. Weird.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    I read Jaws the book. It was excellent. More about the impact of tourism on a small town rather than the man eater itself.