Cooking the Turkey down with a bit of Napalm Merry Pineapple Thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
It is though, it's that time - in the words of Slade.

Merry Christmas all.

Have a good one.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Merry Christmas Pinno
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Big bird (over uci limit) is in the top oven for an hour before going into the bottom oven, log burner topped up.

Kids have opened their stockings and are back in bed not sleeping

At this rate I may get a run in before pub time and all of the family decend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Merry Christmas/bah humbug.

Was planning a quick spin on the bike but I've woken up feeling dizzy, and it's foggy outside.

Off to my mum's later for lunch.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Say hello to her for me ;)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

merry crimbo one and all

pineapple to start, then muesli and raspberries before foggy ride, not sure where yet, but on the way back should be cafes open in sloane square for coffee and snacks

followed by many calories and festive laziness

yo ho ho
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    Morning, dog walked, wondering if I should get the bike out for an hour, whilst the house hold sleeps
    Have a Happy and Merry Christmas
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Happy Chrimbles one and all. Still contemplating the lake. More pastry products to follow.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Merry Christmas one and all.
    Feeling rather groggy and significantly under par this morning. Can't possibly think why... :lol:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a good day.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Merry Christmas gys - have a great one.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ho ho ho. Cough splutter etc. Mini has opened her stocking. Just having a coffee before main event.

Happy Christmas one and all.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Merry Christmas early risers,

Don't know about anyone else but today is a lie in day for me. Currently trying to defend the pressies from Muttley, so I'm trying to tire him out then I can get some peace. A family festive dog walk through the swamp, sorry park will be on the cards later before we settle down to a spot of festive excess. Luckily it's only us today, irritating relatives are scheduled for later this week :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Merry Christmas All. Slightly muted affair today after yesterdays shenanigans. OH still not 100 % but well enough to at home, both lads going down with the lurgy as well. Some dead bird later for dinner with loads of overcooked veg and stuff. May be sneaking off later see how things pan out.
    At least you're all together, which also means it should be easier to sneak off for a ride later.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Your not wrong, we also had the spectacle of mutley,s first Christmas with us opening his own prezzies. All in all OH being out of hospital and on the mend priceless.
    Pressies for dogs are easy. Just wrap any household object in wrapping paper and they have a great time ripping them open. Doesn't really matter what's inside.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    surprising lack of fog, frosty out with barely a breeze, surprising number of places open for crimbo coffee

mrs s has had a nasty cold/flu/something last 2-3 days, her preferred cognac therapy hasn't worked, i am being sympathetic
  • lincolndave
    sungod wrote:
    surprising lack of fog, frosty out with barely a breeze, surprising number of places open for crimbo coffee

mrs s has had a nasty cold/flu/something last 2-3 days, her preferred cognac therapy hasn't worked, i am being sympathetic

You had better have a glass of Cognac yourself sungod , just to ward the cold off
  • sungod
    tbh i'm not so keen on cognac, but youngest sister has given me a kopke 1999 colheita, several other packages from mrs s hint at equally tawny content, should help keep things toasty :)
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:

you know what she needs to do .....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    DR6b_P8X0AE4vmn.jpg:large
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Been to the pub. Absolutely packed. Posh folk like a drink, and they also like my dog.
    I've carved cold cuts, got the cheese out, a nice pork pie, and there's fresh bread, good butter, mustard, horseradish, pickled onions. Just waiting for pigs in blankets and we'll be ready for lunch.
  • Afternoon all.
    Day nearly done, not that I did anything. Sleep soon.
    Have a peaceful time all.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • big_harv
    If anyone ever feels they are wasting money on a U.K. tv license fee then just head over to France and feast your eyes. Mon dieu! Thankfully we have a hack for the BBC iPlayer...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    You think you are going to get anything better over here?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Yep, French TV is pants.

We're about to eat soon...been a leisurely day here.
  • Matthewfalle
    bored now.

niece and nephew are a pain in the arzze, brother and sister in law are dull.

can't even go to Edwyns to get shitt4d.

#bored

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Our first Christmas without our daughter with us which felt uncomfortable but that’s life eh! Although she’s with us tomorrow and a early ride tomorrow morning to clear the head.

Spent the morning cooking lunch and doing an impression of meals on wheels for the outlaws as the father in law isn’t in good health.

Happy Christmas to you all.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    DR6b_P8X0AE4vmn.jpg:large
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ReverendBiza ... 8179387392
    Easter sale's started already

If I ran a corner shop I'd put the Easter eggs out on boxing Day just to wind people up.
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    She wants to know when you're coming back
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    She wants to know when you're coming back

can you tell her she left her purse here - don't want her worrying.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • big_harv
    Pinno wrote:

Perhaps I should explain further. The Wife gets her traditional cr@p on BBC, I drink wine and slump on the sofa. Job jobbed.