What’s everyone Drinking the Xmas- New year?

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
Just a bit of fun, what are you drinking over the Xmas - New year period
At the moment I am having a nice mug of Yorkshire Tea

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Currently; coffee. A bit later; coffee.
    Tomorrow Vodka. Stone cold. Out of the freezer. Shot glasses are in there too.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    Coffee right now, some local ale from 360 Brewery later. This time tomorrow will be a nice bottle of fizz from the Bluebell vineyard round the corner from the Brewery. Lunch accompanied by more fizz although probably into the cheap prosecco by then. Later on will be the port and then some lovely Dark Matter or Overhoof rum - no mixer, just ice and a slice of lime. Rinse and repeat variations of this for the next week :D
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    Brandy. Lots of brandy. As a hot toddy with lemon and honey to wash down the paracetamol. Got a stinking cold and feel sh!te. Meh!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I'm not fond of spirits, brandy whiskey, vodka etc. Gin and tonic's ok though.

Beer
    Hobgoblin gold or some other Whychwood
    Stella

Red wine.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Nothing right now as I had a good lie in so no need for any medicinal caffeine. The next week will involve a selection of white wine, red wine, vintage tawny port and cider :) Probably not all at the same time though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Innis & Gunn craft beers for me over the festive period - various versions of it, "Blood Red Sky" is particularly nice.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Coffee now then Red Wine later 8)
    I'm making a Curry this evening so I'll have a couple of Ciders whilst cooking(gone off Lager/Beer) then it'll be Red until bed 8)
    I generally get a couple of bottles of Single Malt at Xmas so I'll have a dabble at that too 8)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    coffee, red wine, tawny port, and bubbly for me, mrs s also will be imbibing cognac from the enormous snifter of crimbo's past

water, from tap or soda syphon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Coffee, later shall likely have a bit of Suntory Toki either straight up or highballed.

Tomorrow, mainly coffee and wine or what ever local brew is in the pub taps
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Going to stick to vin de pays d'Oc. Safer, and otherwise I won't manage Pinno's quiz.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    As per Stevo, not all at once, but across the festivities there will be:

Champagne - Pol Roger white foil.
    Assorted red and white wines from Languedoc and Roussillon.
    Port - Quinta do Noval LBV.
    Cognac - Hine.
    Gin - Graveney.
    Beer - there's some Wimbledon Brewery copper ale in the fridge.

However, today will be sodding Lemsip.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Alcohol. More alcohol. Then some more. Maybe a glass of water on the odd occasion.

Which reminds me, doing a mega sized carbonnade flamande / stoofvlees / beef in beer for the 27th when we have peak family attendance. Need to protect my dwindling stock of Belgian beers as next trip over not until April (should all be fine and dandy then); I can recommend Wychwood Hobgoblin as a perfectly acceptable dark beer alternative - 'tis just that I don't have any in. To the local Coop...
  • To stick with current fashion, Gin and in particular Sloe Gin. Have a great bottle of vintage Tawny Port for tomorrow as well.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Currently tea as I'm at work. Later will be beer, followed by more beer. Tomorrow morning will be tea, then a glass of fizz and later will be beer. Might crack a bottle of red to have with our late lunch. But mostly it will be a variety of beers.
    Just got invited back to sales to have some cheese and biscuits washed down with a glass of Port.
  • Anything I can lay my hands on.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • skeetam
    skeetam Posts: 178
    Everything! :-)
  • lincolndave
    Just had a glass of Johnnie Walker green label, might try another
  • I got a case of beers by Ayinger which has become a tradition of mine for the Xmas period. For when I don't fancy those I have some bourbons to try that I've not had before, namely Blantons and Noah's Mill. Plus a bottle of Sazerac Rye. Oh and some Nikka from Japan. I sound like a drunk but I swear I'm not that bad :oops:
  • hopkinb
    Thumbs up emoji. I used to like this, thought they had stopped making it. Quick Google tells me that they did, but reintroduced it 2 years ago.
  • Think of what you're doing to you livers

Anyone got some decent cigars?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I sound like a drunk but I swear I'm not that bad :oops:
    Not at all, but it may help if your legs are hollow as well as long.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mainly Leffe Blond, plus a big bottle of Peroni Gran Riserva. The Peroni will be a new experience..
  • lincolndave
    hopkinb wrote:
    Thumbs up emoji. I used to like this, thought they had stopped making it. Quick Google tells me that they did, but reintroduced it 2 years ago.

I bought two in 2008, half a bottle left now hopkinb I will save that for another day
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Maybe a glass of water on the odd occasion.

You Devil you.
  • hopkinb wrote:

I bought two in 2008, half a bottle left now hopkinb I will save that for another day
    Careful Dave, it might go off.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    You're cleverer than you look BBG.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just started on the Laurent Perrier. Moving onto wine in a bit.

Am being fed and watered tonight so will go with the (literal) flow.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Think of what you're doing to you livers

ooooh. cigars. now you are talking.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Think of what you're doing to you livers

ooooh. cigars. now you are talking.

I live next door to a Cuban woman who does pr for one of the cigar brands. She used to offer me smokes, but unfortunately, a couple of puffs on a cigar and I'll be back on 30 fags a day.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Hi Nick..!

You posted at the right time. The forum is probably now effectively un-moderated until after boxing day - so you should get at least two clear days in before being banned again.