monday when the smack begins to flow

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited December 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

quick nip into office of gmc to do a secure thing fortified by coffee and mince pie, then very early bail, bit of shopping
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH bail at lunch by which time I hope the current wife has sorted Christmas, so we can go to the pub
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Morning. Contemplating blue sky, view over the lake and a trip to the patisserie. Work free zone here.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice morning despite the frost, at least it’s stopped raining, a quick twenty miles on the rollers will be sufficient this morning, lunch time Christmas begins
    Have a good day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Frosty, frosty, frosty. Looks crystal clear after all the fog. I forgot how wet you get cycling through the stuff.

A few jobs to do, nothing Crimble related thank god. Maybe i'll sneak some coffee and cake as the Ministry of Muppetry have things planned, which leaves me unpoliced.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, chilly one this morning crunchy puddles and misty. Not sure when I'll finish up today depends on when the MD scurries away.
    Blagged a pub lunch tomorrow which should be amusing all of two minutes walk and I can bring the dog so its win win. Eat, get drunk, use dog to guide me home, sleep. Sounds like a sound plan to me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Working from home today so think I will catch up on a bit of admin. Might have to authorise some treasury transaction at lunchtime so can't switch off completely quite yet. Very early finish on the cards as traditionally we tell anyone still working on the 24th to pack their bags after lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Chopping, peeling, wiping etc.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    in Gosport. its not really an attractive population but it just serves to make the MFs even more attactive to the opposite sex than normal.

Cooking/chopping/etc.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hopefully those are mainly food references?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    gosport is special, isn't it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    oxoman wrote:
    Well so much for Christmas eve plan's. Currently in A&E with OH as now feeling very rough and 111 hotline not happy with her. Luckily most things sorted.

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll both be home soon. Not really the time for this debate but 111 pretty useless in my area (N Essex), I'm sure A&E will have your OH checked over pretty quickly though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Quick ride they said, forecast looks good they said, it'll be fun they told me.
    75 miles in the cold and fog so probably going to sit on the sofa all day now.
    The fog cleared eventually and there was a brass band en route.
    oxoman wrote:
    Well so much for Christmas eve plan's. Currently in A&E with OH as now feeling very rough and 111 hotline not happy with her. Luckily most things sorted.
    Hope everything's ok?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    At work and half the system is down so I can do even less than I was planning to do. But it's Christmas and I really don't care any more. Got invited down to the sales office for cheese and biscuits earlier, told them they should crack the Port open, so they did.
    Hope the other half is alright Oxo. Enjoy the rest of the day folks, I intend to.
  • gosport is special, isn't it?
    “Special” is one word for it. On the plus side and linking to the days title, smack is very easy to find in Gosport, so every cloud and all that.
    Doing some shopping and admin stuff today. Later is some cooking, maybe lamb.
    Hope the OH gets well soon oxo.
    Cheers.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hopefully those are mainly food references?

Yep, mainly..
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:

Hope all goes well and you're both home shortly Oxo.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Hope all OK - I'm sure loading her up with a bit of drink won't hurt though.

My out of office auto reply is now telling everyone to jog on 'till January, so am shortly headed out for a quick pre-Xmas run with Stropteen :shock: then its probably time to randomly select some grog to consume and see what tat is on the box while Strifey toils in the kitchen :)
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    ...use dog to guide me home...

I do hope for your sake that there's no female doggy in the locale on heat.
  • hopkinb
    Lunch done.

Carols from Kings and a couple of glasses of champagne done.

Cheeses and a choice of sweet wines await once the bundle of energy that is mini H3 is hustled into bed. Just finishing off Mary Poppins first.

Pub is open at midday tomorrow.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Lunch done.

Carols from Kings and a couple of glasses of champagne done.

Cheeses and a choice of sweet wines await once the bundle of energy that is mini H3 is hustled into bed. Just finishing off Mary Poppins first.

Pub is open at midday tomorrow.
    Think I finished off Mary Poppins earlier. Just a thought. Lamb shanks and pots dauphinoise scoffed, wood burner on.
    The woodburning device has worked its magic and the Mrs is pushing out the zeds.
    Watching rubbish TV and slurping red wine. Have a cool time everyone, whatever you are up to over the next few days.
    Cheers!
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just finishing off Mary Poppins first.

bet you are my son, bet you are.

bear in mind that if you get caught you'll be in a lot more trouble than if you had just bashed several out over PP the other night.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'night

merry crimbo eve

have advised santa that v68 wins heroin reference award
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Thank you SG, surprised nobody else followed up on that.
    Just been out for drinks at a friend’s with a few others. Now relaxing into more relaxing. Have a good one folks, love and happiness to all.
  • Stevo_666
    May be subtle for most as I can't see it even on re-reading. Do we have to watch Trainspotting again to get it?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    May be subtle for most as I can't see it even on re-reading. Do we have to watch Trainspotting again to get it?

You didn't 'get it'?
  • pinno
    So she'll be fine to make the dinner then? :wink:
    Merry Christmas Oxo.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    oxoman wrote:
    Well we is finally home OH discharged eventually after deciding the systems she presented this morning were caused by virus/flu and not a stroke. Pretty scary for a while, couldn't fault local A&E or the ward staff. Feel sorry for them having to put up with some of the numptys coming in though. All's well now apart from I didn't finish the Christmas card and prezzie drop off. Merry Christmas to you all.
    Merry Christmas and glad all is ok
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Well we is finally home OH discharged eventually after deciding the systems she presented this morning were caused by virus/flu and not a stroke. Pretty scary for a while, couldn't fault local A&E or the ward staff. Feel sorry for them having to put up with some of the numptys coming in though. All's well now apart from I didn't finish the Christmas card and prezzie drop off. Merry Christmas to you all.

just tell her to strum it out over the PP trilogy and all will be well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Cheers folks. Sadly my OH cooking Christmas dinner on her own just isn't happening on my watch. I want to be able to enjoy it, her culinary skills are at best basic. Overcooked, soggy, tasteless etc springs to mind, so I'm cooking as usual.
    Oxo, next year buy her a book on 'cooking for dummies' or something suitably inspirational by way of a pressie, then you can fulfil your traditional festive role of putting your feet up and getting p1ssed :)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Cheers folks. Sadly my OH cooking Christmas dinner on her own just isn't happening on my watch. I want to be able to enjoy it, her culinary skills are at best basic. Overcooked, soggy, tasteless etc springs to mind, so I'm cooking as usual.
    Oxo, next year buy her a book on 'cooking for dummies' or something suitably inspirational by way of a pressie, then you can fulfil your traditional festive role of putting your feet up and getting p1ssed :)
    Oxoman, sounds what I had. Viral/chest infections putting pressure on the ticker. You take care of her, it is quite scary. I had a recent NHS “Wellperson” check and my blood pressure was high (it was actually impossible, cheers pharmacy), but for the person on the receiving end, really unpleasant. Frequent oral sex might help. I am not a doctor BTW, MF would prescribe something very different.
    Ecrasez l’infame